Preparing to Die

thank you for proper use of the 'you're/your' conundrum. It kills me to see it misused.
I was a math/science geek in school, and could never understand English grammar/orthography--it didn't seem very logical. But then later I developed an interest in language and now I overcompensate for my earlier confusion / lack of natural talent by being nitpicky about orthographic and grammatical errors myself. But I also get a special thrill from really bad run-on sentences and clumsy clause structure, sort of a 'return of the repressed' I guess.

Reactions: NickW
Love it Lee. I am the other side of that coin. I loathed math/science in school and am now a huge fan. So much that I will probably end up adding a math endorsement to my teaching credentials in order to specialize as a math teacher.

I love writing and language, but my contrarian streak had me writing in all the exceptions. I use inverted structures and the like all the time. I drove my composition professors nuts in college crazy because I would debate my grades with a style manual. And get the grade improved almost every time!

Love it Lee. I am the other side of that coin. I loathed math/science in school and am now a huge fan. So much that I will probably end up adding a math endorsement to my teaching credentials in order to specialize as a math teacher.

I love writing and language, but my contrarian streak had me writing in all the exceptions. I use inverted structures and the like all the time. I drove my composition professors nuts in college crazy because I would debate my grades with a style manual. And get the grade improved almost every time!
Weyo u-nankhili zineene.

Yah, I'm going to be the first to publish a full dictionary on that language, I think.
Translation: You are very clever.
and that language would beeeeeeee?

Makua is a common English spelling, Macua in Portuguese, but Makhuwa is best for English, and Imakhuwa or Emakhuwa is the way I write it in Makua, depending on the dialect.
an indigenous language spoken in Mozambique I assume?

This is a photo of the shirts that I made for the Prepare to Die Run. The dude with the fork and knife is migangelo cuz he gets psychotic when he gets hungry and I wouldn't put it past him to eat another person. The person in the lower left hand corner is me, and yes, that is a ...
twinkie in my mouth, and yes, those are three boxes of twinkies sitting next to me. The dude in the lower right hand corner is "supposed" to be buried under a pile of rocks, though he "may" actually be buried under a pile of bear poop -the jury is still out on that one. Lol.
216151_3943609383385_693040856_n.jpg558436_3943612543464_387826702_n.jpg

if you all notice the slow maf guy is getting eaten but is ready to do the eating. hence my new sig line prompted by someone in this thread. ;)

Reactions: Bare Lee
This is a photo of the shirts that I made for the Prepare to Die Run. The dude with the fork and knife is migangelo cuz he gets psychotic when he gets hungry and I wouldn't put it past him to eat another person. The person in the lower left hand corner is me, and yes, that is a ...
twinkie in my mouth, and yes, those are three boxes of twinkies sitting next to me. The dude in the lower right hand corner is "supposed" to be buried under a pile of rocks, though he "may" actually be buried under a pile of bear poop -the jury is still out on that one. Lol.
View attachment 750View attachment 751

Hahaha, good one Jen! although is highly doubtful that the thingy in your mouth is a twinky, it doesn't look like one ;)

I can vouch for Jen that Mike gets a little crazed when he's hungry. My wife and son both get what we call the hangries. When they get hungry they get very angry. I've never met anybody like this till my wife and son and now Mike.... How does just being slightly hungry make you angry?

I can vouch for Jen that Mike gets a little crazed when he's hungry. My wife and son both get what we call the hangries. When they get hungry they get very angry. I've never met anybody like this till my wife and son and now Mike.... How does just being slightly hungry make you angry?
Must be mildly hypoglycemic or something, my dad is the same way.

Reactions: jldeleon
My mother in-law and sister in-law are this way as well. It's definitely something on that side of the family. Oh and my wifes uncle is that way too, from that same side of the family. It's really weird to me. I grew up dirt poor (for an American) and we often didn't have food much while I was growing up, maybe I just learned how to go without?

My mother in-law and sister in-law are this way as well. It's definitely something on that side of the family. Oh and my wifes uncle is that way too, from that same side of the family. It's really weird to me. I grew up dirt poor (for an American) and we often didn't have food much while I was growing up, maybe I just learned how to go without?
Maybe part of it could be helped by building up their aerobic base so they can switch to fat-burning as soon as the blood sugar gets low. This may explain Mike's need for Maff training.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon