How to become an awesome barefoot runner in less than 12 months

Matt, did I tell you that

Matt, did I tell you that your kitty (avatar) looks just like my neighbor's other cat, Jack? Jack sneaks into our house in the middle of the night and eats from our cats' bowl. I'll be sitting at the computer (yes, in the middle of the night), and he will be chomping away. I reach up slowly, grab the digital camera, snap a picture or two, and send it to my neighbor in an email. This has gotten a few cases of cat food laid at our front door on past occasions.

One night, I was laying in bed on my tummy, and I felt something soft at my feet, so I started rubbing it with my feet, but then I noticed it wasn't as furry as it once was (thinking my cat must have been shaved, 'cuz she has long hair). I jumped out of bed, threw on the light, and yelled, "Jack! You get out of here!" I tell you. That cat is nuts! My kitty loves him though. They're best friends.

Matt wrote:Shacky wrote:I'm

Matt said:
Shacky said:
I'm going to fill a bucket with volcanic gardening rocks and march on that hellish stuff. I'll be even more awesomer!
Why stop at volcanic rocks, when you can fill the bucket with broken glass?

Sweet now we are talking, how about some cacti thorns too.

Haha, and you can't just get

Haha, and you can't just get the normal semi-round lava rocks either. Theres a place by my house that has HUGE lava rocks, shaped not unlike jacks (the old game where you bounce the ball and pick up the jacks, that kind of jack.) They're probably 4-5 inches from one end of a "spike" to another. I have yet to figure out how to even walk across those, but I guess it doesn't help that they're on a slope. I'll be using those for my Ninja Master thesis. Actually, when I can run on those, I'll be a Ninja Doctor. I probably won't even need to touch the ground if I don't want to at that point.

As much as I fear and avoid

As much as I fear and avoid gravel, I do appreciate what I learn from it. Even just walking on short stretches of gravel in the alley behind my house does wonders for lightening my steps.

Barefoot TJ wrote:Matt, did I

Barefoot TJ said:
Matt, did I tell you that your kitty (avatar) looks just like my neighbor's other cat, Jack? Jack sneaks into our house in the middle of the night and eats from our cats' bowl. I'll be sitting at the computer (yes, in the middle of the night), and he will be chomping away. I reach up slowly, grab the digital camera, snap a picture or two, and send it to my neighbor in an email. This has gotten a few cases of cat food laid at our front door on past occasions.

One night, I was laying in bed on my tummy, and I felt something soft at my feet, so I started rubbing it with my feet, but then I noticed it wasn't as furry as it once was (thinking my cat must have been shaved, 'cuz she has long hair). I jumped out of bed, threw on the light, and yelled, "Jack! You get out of here!" I tell you. That cat is nuts! My kitty loves him though. They're best friends.
That's cool how you cat has a friend in the neighborhood who comes to visit. I wish our cat got along with other cats. She used to have her brother, who died a few years ago. But I think she's now much to used to living alone and prefers it that way.

Cats are the best. We have

Cats are the best. We have one with no tail and it begs for food like a dog. They are also great 5:30 AM alarm clocks when they need to be feed. In regards to litter we found that the clumping style is actually carcinogenic so we started using "Yesterdays News" litter...great stuff and no smell

I had a cat named tiger,

I had a cat named tiger, plain old tabby, who would fetch little toys we would throw and bring them back and place them in our hands. We told him he was a dog in a previous life. He was a COOL cat!

Aren't they crazy?  I just

Aren't they crazy? I just love them so much. I had this one cat who would carry around his Ted and Bun in his mouth, meeeeyowling as he went. He carried them everywhere.

I have this girl cat who acts like she's "spraying" the way male cats do, with her tail all wiggling and stomping her back feet. She's a girl, AND she's fixed! What gives with that?

They're like little pieces of insanity.

So the general consensus on

So the general consensus on how to become an awesome barefoot runner quickly is "get a cat"? Sounds reasonable. 8)

See there?  Everything has a

See there? Everything has a purpose.

This makes me an awesome

This makes me an awesome barefoot runner then!

Oscar

37367_1505971449823_1250394823_31422897_8029098_n.jpg

and when he was smaller--with the dog I have to almost carry while running with him:

30599_1449877287504_1250394823_31283398_3809667_n.jpg

Yeah, I'm so TOTALLY AWESOME!!! :-D

See, I told you they had

See, I told you they had mental issues. They are so spoiled and think they own everything and everybody.

This is what I mean by

This is what I mean by spoiled... And this isn't even my favorite cat. This is my son's cat. He calls him Pumpkin because he first saw him on Halloween, and he is orange. I call him Thing. He's mean and nasty. Has absolutely no love in him, but for some reason, doesn't mind the kids manhandling him all over the place.

Here's where my favorite kitty is whispering in his ear, "Excuse me. But if you don't mind, could you please get your ass off my plate?! I do plan to eat there, you know."

LMAO!!  Those are awesome!!

LMAO!! Those are awesome!!

Dogs have owners, cats have

Dogs have owners, cats have staff. My cat knows this and it seems yours do too. To really "get" your cats I recommend this book: http://www.amazon.com/Unadulterated-Cat-Terry-Pratchett/dp/0752853694 I had a hard time reading it since I couldn't stop laughing long enough.

That is so true.  My black

That is so true. My black kitty, The Babes, is laying here on my hand (well not right now; I'm typing), and she's expecting me to give her scratchies under her chin. Now she's giving herself a bath. I guess she thinks I should do that for her too! Unadulterated Cat. That's hysterical! Mine are very adulterated.

I forgot to mention, this is

I forgot to mention, this is the cat who got into a fight with that 3-foot snake in our backyard, that some of you may have heard about. Apparently, the cat kept trying to attack it, and it kept trying to defend itself. My husband watched the whole thing, then ended up scootching the snake into the woods with a stick, but not before it struck Thing a few times. A few days after this fang and nail fight, I noticed an odd smell coming from Mean Thing's ear. I checked, and it was full of pus and the skin had been torn like a hook-scrape and was hanging there inside his ear. I kept vigilant on it twice a day with peroxide and ear swabs until that skin fell off and the pus went away. He's fine now, but you can clearly see where the snake struck him in the ear, and he has some other holes on his neck. Nice scars to go along with his personality.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7