How did you hear about the BRS, and why did you join? Please share...

Hmmm... I think my

Hmmm... I think my involvement started when a bunch of us were discussing the idea of a barefoot convention (on the other forum), which someone suggested should be organized by a barefoot organization. I think all of us were drunk when posting. At the time, TJ wasn't part of the conversation.

When she returned, she took our half-assed idea seriously and started actual intelligent discussion of the idea. I think initially there were three of us that initiated the beginnings of the BRS, then brought a few more on board to organize the actual organization.

Over time, the organization has morphed into what you see today.

TJ really has been the visionary behind all of this. The rest of us didn't take it nearly as serious as she did/has.

Worth noting- TJ is definitely the most underrated developer of the barefoot running movemement.

Ken Bob, BF Rick, and BF Ted get a lot of credit for having a web presence, but all three had followers and didn't intentionally foster a community of equal participants. McDougall gets a lot of credit, but barefoot running isn't even a primary topic in BTR.

Before Born to Run was published, TJ convinced RW to start that barefoot running forum. Many of the initial members of that forum eventually became the more well-known barefoot runners/bloggers out there today. More importantly, it allowed the ideas of barefoot running to spread at the grass-roots level. TJ's influence is obvious here at the BRS, but can also be seen as many of us have been able to influence the entire running industry (shoe companies included.) We've made the idea of actual barefoot running a legitimate practice. None of that would have happened without her.

TJ was perhaps the single most important pioneer of the barefoot running movement, and she rarely receives the credit she deserves.

I am absolutely balling like

I am absolutely balling like a baby right now, Jason. I must go get a tissue.

Okay, I'm good.Thanks for

Okay, I'm good.

Thanks for the support, Jason. That was absolutely beautiful. ;-) You're good people. A good friend. A true confidant. I'm so glad to have you on our team.

You all make this "job" so worth it. I can hardly run the way I want, as often as I want, and as far as I want (thanks to shoes), but at least I can run vicariously through you all.

Joseph, now I understand

Joseph, now I understand better. That's fascinating that you picked up so much in just one neighborhood.

Jason, thanks for giving TJ the credit she deserves. The BRS has been so helpful to so many people since its creation. I'll remember a have a drink in her honor...but i'll wait a few hours, it's still a little early.

Thanks TJ :beer:

Ah, you're all so very

Ah, you're all so very welcome. Make it a Long Island Tea, will you?

TJ brought me here, too -

TJ brought me here, too - through a mutual shod running friend in Atlanta. And now thanks to TJ's work, I'm running again and changing Fuquay-Varina and Fort Bragg, NC one odd look at a time. Thank you, TJ (and all of the other folks who run the site and who answer questions patiently and thoroughly for folks like me who have no clue where to start when they show up).

I think I'm probably the

I think I'm probably the only "originals" from RW that hasn't become a blogger, I started one, and wrote one but I just can't get into it too much, plus, I get in trouble if I write more than 3 sentences at a time. (That's why I use a LOT of commas)

Maybe one day when I grow up and get more time I'll write a blog once in a while.

I concurr with everything Jason said, TJ's da bomb! Kinds like the people who make the space suits, the astronauts get the credit but you can't go to space in your skivvies.

I found the BRS, rather

I found the BRS, rather recently, from some papers I was doing for a composition class about barefoot running this summer and MGBG's website. I have been running barefoot and minimalist for the last 5 months or so and was looking to find like minded people that I might get to run with on occasion and that I could bounce ideas off of and that I may be able to learn from. I'm not sure, but I really don't know if barefoot running is all that big here in Portland, OR yet. I actually just got yelled at by some walkers yesterday for running barefoot. They kept telling me I was going to hurt myself. Anyhow, thank you TJ and Jason and everyone else for making a new home for me here. I only wish I found it sooner.

How did you hear about the

How did you hear about the BRS?

Why did you join the BRS? What did you want to get out of it?

I wanted to learn more about Barefoot running and this popped up. I figure if a group of barefooters can't help show me the path then it is not worth researching. I'm currently reading "The Barefoot Running Book Edition 2" and plan to do some walking barefoot on a bike trail by my house. Figure I will try and walk for about 1 mile a day the rest of the month to get my feet ready for this.

Good deal!  Welcome!

Good deal! Welcome!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7