Worst minimalist shoes you have tried out?

flammee

Barefooters
Mar 11, 2012
Finland, Oulu
None of minimalist shoes quite capture the feeling of barefoot running, but then there are just horrible, horrible shoes that almost make you cry and feel powerless rage.

My absolute worst experience has been merrell road glove. At first it just felt boring to not feel anything of the ground, after one minute arch support thing started to hurt and one kilometer later I was at the point of crying or taking them off. Well, that was some easy choice. If merrells were not so easy to sell onwards, I would probably have killed them with fire.

VFF classic, open top makes it always very breathable, but since there's nothing but toes preventing the foot from sliding forwards, it starts to hurt toes after 10 kilometers. Kinda same with el-x but it takes bit longer before toes start to hurt.

Original luna sandals. Well, I'm far too lazy to make them work, I remember that I reached to point of bleeding between my toes before I wanted to stop again and untie that loooong strap of leather for tenth time.

Vivobarefoot evo and unique feeling of crease of upper cutting into flesh of your toe.

Shortly after starting my minimalist running, I bought the VFF Flows because they were advertised as being better in the cold. I found them to be worse. The material was constricting and non breathable, After getting them wet a few times they became stiff and they have sat on my shelf since. Not even worth burning or filling a landfill with. Probably enough environmental damage caused in the production of these worthless foot binders.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon