WOOT WOOT WOOT 6 miles BF/ But ...

WienerDawg

Barefooters
May 16, 2010
Well I have gone as far as I ever have today @ 6 miles. No blisters, no blood, LOTSA TENDERNESS!! I worked up tp 5 miles real slow with not much discomfort the plan today was 5.5. Out and back I got tothe 2.75 point and said what the hell hit the 3 mile mark and head back. BOY OH BOY what a difference a mile makes barefoot! FEET OF FIRE!

Its funny I can run 6 miles now but I am still reluctant to do even a 5k race BF. By nature I am kind of a recluse and I hate the attention I get when running barefoot during training, nevermind a race. I had considered Aquasox for a race but I said I would give the Barefoot thing a full year and decide if it is for me. I would hate to throw on something on my feet just for a race and come up with blisters because I did not train in them.

You may say just train for the race in them. The problem is I am now working 12 - 14 hours a day and what ever chance I get to run I want to be BF to keep my feet in shape. I hope this don't sound to nutty

Any and all input is appreciated

WienerDawg wrote:I hope this

WienerDawg said:
I hope this don't sound too nutty

huh, looking forward to the first thing that's considered "too nutty" for this crowd.

Btw, Dawg, about your run - WOOOOOOT!!!! :D

Congrats, Dawg!  Why not get

Congrats, Dawg! Why not get a pair of shoes, cut the bottoms completely off of them and run in them like that? You will be barefoot on the bottom, and no one will know. :)

I love barefoot running in

I love barefoot running in races, it's a real rush. Suprisingly not many people comment on the barefeet. I actually don't think that anyone even cares anymore due to increased media coverage.

Ya know what,

Ya know what, running has been a very personal activity for me I run by myself and enjoy the solitude. I have been putting pressure on myself to do a 10k on Fathers day because I do it every year. Maybe I just won't race at all this year. I have been pushing it and dealing with more discomfort that need be.

I did 4 miles today and it felt fine. Maybe I will Hover around 5 miles for I while till I feel comfortable with that and then start SLOWLY increasing like I have been.

Thanx fer the input

Dawg!  I hope you can make

Dawg! I hope you can make that race safely come Father's Day, but it's smart that you are listening to your body.

Wiener, I agree with

Wiener, I agree with TJ...hope you can safely get there by Father's Day (3 weeks away?). I'm thinking that if you are comfortable at 5mi now, adding another .25-.30mi to your runs will get you to your 10k. Might be more comfortable than adding a full mile to your already 5.

At any rate, rock star job on the 6mi!! Nice job :)

Hey!  Good job on the run!  I

Hey! Good job on the run! I was amazed as how fast I could add milage once I got the basic form down. I ran my first 3 mile training run a week or so before my first 10K. Granted, the 10K crossed 4 bridges so I came away with a couple of blisters, but not too bad realy. If you don't want to hear comments or attention, just crank up the iPod :)

Just get out there and run

Just get out there and run the 5K barefoot. You after the first 2 minutes of the race people are gasping for air and aren't concerned with your feet. At the end of the race those that are interested may ask why your run barefoot. You can tell by their tone how much detail you can go into without giving them too much info.

OK I have made a decision.

OK I have made a decision. The fathers day race also has a 5K that day I know I can do that BF no problem. So I will do the 5K that day. TY all for the Input and I will certainly report back.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts