Weekly mileage 40th week of 2012

People from Oregon calling us crazy? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. :D
But I don't consider myself an Oregonian, this is just where I reside. I am closer to being Canadian than I am Oregonian after growing up and living 50 miles from the Canadian border in MT most of my life. People here ARE crazy I've decided. :D

8 this morning.
still have fever and a bit of wheezing, but much better, and i figured if i didn't run, I'd still be sick anyhow, just crabbier (I was a terrible nasty crabby person yesterday w/ no run---coincidence? i think not)
left a little later than usual and was annoyed with all the cars on the country roads and even two walkers, in the dark, at like 6:30. don't they know it's my world before sunup?

Reactions: Bare Lee
8 this morning.
still have fever and a bit of wheezing, but much better, and i figured if i didn't run, I'd still be sick anyhow, just crabbier (I was a terrible nasty crabby person yesterday w/ no run---coincidence? i think not)
left a little later than usual and was annoyed with all the cars on the country roads and even two walkers, in the dark, at like 6:30. don't they know it's my world before sunup?

I am not kidding about the vinegar and honey drink it's say to build up a very strong inmune system.
Now go and fix yourself a nice V&H concosion. Both in raw form.

Monterrey, Nuevo León

Nice! no he visitado Monterrey es bonito?
Yo soy de Tepic, Nayarit.
Gusto en conocerte(tus pies).
Bienvenida!

gag.... Vinegar is nasty and I just can't fathom drinking it with honey...

You get used to the taste after awhile it's also a fat burning machine if that helps you decide.

Well, I was lucky to get in and see an Orthopedist right away. Besides a little fluid, he couldn't find anything wrong with my knee. In fact, the 30-something marathoner said he wished he had my knees. So I'll rest and try running when the pain is gone, hopefully by some time next week. Right now I can barely walk, but it does loosen up the more I walk on it, so I'll be doing the Maff method while I'm waiting for the knee to get better.

Reactions: scedastic and NickW
Well, I was lucky to get in and see an Orthopedist right away. Besides a little fluid, he couldn't find anything wrong with my knee. In fact, the 30-something marathoner said he wished he had my knees. So I'll rest and try running when the pain is gone, hopefully by some time next week. Right now I can barely walk, but it does loosen up the more I walk on it, so I'll be doing the Maff method while I'm waiting for the knee to get better.

Bummer Lee, just when you were getting your running rolling.
Heal fast.

Bummer Lee, just when you were getting your running rolling.
Heal fast.
Thanks forceful one, the support and encouragement mean a lot to me. The good news is there's nothing seriously wrong with it. The bad news is that neither the doc nor I can figure out what happened, so there's no clear way forward except rest and building back up again. It was good to hear I have a young man's knees though. Perhaps I'll be a little less cautious once I've been running well for a while, and try more consecutive-day runs. I've really been feeling it lately, and kind of regret not running on Wednesday when I had the urge. I think I let my legs get too stiff and that's probably why I got hurt. I'm also thinking of giving up on the idea of running relaxed paced runs, I think that did me in a bit too. My legs seem to be telling me that I need to run close to as fast as I can for 40-60 minutes everyday. I know that'd be a bit unorthodox for recreational running, but it just feels right right now. I started out yesterday's run fast then purposely slowed down to a 10mm pace and felt a bit awkward in my form. I've got to take my 'just run' and 'listen to your body' precepts more seriously. My head's messing with my legs.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the doc wants me to come in for gait analysis when I'm feeling better. That should be fun.

Thanks forceful one, the support and encouragement mean a lot to me. The good news is there's nothing seriously wrong with it. The bad news is that neither the doc nor I can figure out what happened, so there's no clear way forward except rest and building back up again. It was good to hear I have a young man's knees though. Perhaps I'll be a little less cautious once I've been running well for a while, and try more consecutive-day runs. I've really been feeling it lately, and kind of regret not running on Wednesday when I had the urge. I think I let my legs get too stiff and that's probably why I got hurt. I'm also thinking of giving up on the idea of running relaxed paced runs, I think that did me in a bit too. My legs seem to be telling me that I need to run close to as fast as I can for 40-60 minutes everyday. I know that'd be a bit unorthodox for recreational running, but it just feels right right now. I started out yesterday's run fast then purposely slowed down to an 10mm pace and felt a bit awkward in my form. I've got to take my 'just run' and 'listen to your body' percepts more seriously. My head's messing with my legs.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the doc wants me to come in for gait analysis when I'm feeling better. That should be fun.
Forceful one!!! Hahahaha!

Why does the doc want you to come in for a gait analysis? Is he trying to learn about bf runners and educate himself? Glad to hear you have a young mans knees. My back doc told me I have an old mans back... This was back when I was 29-30....

No run today although I am really craving it. I am running with some from the OR chapter tomorrow so I just went to the gym and proceeded to thoroughly whoop my own butt in there. I can tell I am going to be really really really sore in the next day or two. I may have slightly over done it. See what happens when I don't run. I think I did figure out a new gym routine which is going to work out really well for me.

Forceful one!!! Hahahaha!

Why does the doc want you to come in for a gait analysis? Is he trying to learn about bf runners and educate himself? Glad to hear you have a young mans knees. My back doc told me I have an old mans back... This was back when I was 29-30....
That was Mr. Tree's expression. It fits perfectly. I've always liked strong, straight-talking women like Dama. In fact, I married one.

I think the doc wants to check out my form, see if there's any problem with it. But it might be one of those things where they have an expensive toy and have to use it to justify its purchase. He wrote that I have a sprained knee so that my insurance will pay for it. I like this doc a lot better than the one I saw last fall. I'm pretty sure that guy was just bs-ing me about having a stress reaction. He seemed a bit like a dumb jock. This new guy is a real runner, so he seems to understand what I'm doing better.

That was Mr. Tree's expression. It fits perfectly. I've always liked strong, straight-talking women like Dama. In fact, I married one.

I think the doc wants to check out my form, see if there's any problem with it. But it might be one of those things where they have an expensive toy and have to use it to justify its purchase. He wrote that I have a sprained knee so that my insurance will pay for it. I like this doc a lot better than the one I saw last fall. I'm pretty sure that guy was just bs-ing me about having a stress reaction. He seemed a bit like a dumb jock.
Ah ok. Ya I knew the expression for Dama and thought it was pretty funny. We really are living similar lives Lee, my wife is a strong straight talking woman too.

Thanks forceful one, the support and encouragement mean a lot to me. The good news is there's nothing seriously wrong with it. The bad news is that neither the doc nor I can figure out what happened, so there's no clear way forward except rest and building back up again. It was good to hear I have a young man's knees though. Perhaps I'll be a little less cautious once I've been running well for a while, and try more consecutive-day runs. I've really been feeling it lately, and kind of regret not running on Wednesday when I had the urge. I think I let my legs get too stiff and that's probably why I got hurt. I'm also thinking of giving up on the idea of running relaxed paced runs, I think that did me in a bit too. My legs seem to be telling me that I need to run close to as fast as I can for 40-60 minutes everyday. I know that'd be a bit unorthodox for recreational running, but it just feels right right now. I started out yesterday's run fast then purposely slowed down to a 10mm pace and felt a bit awkward in my form. I've got to take my 'just run' and 'listen to your body' percepts more seriously. My head's messing with my legs.

I know what you mean about forcing yourself to run slow, I think it backfires.
I think one should run accordingly of how the body feels without forcing anything.
If I feel like running fast then I will on the other hand sometimes I do want to go fast and my body refuses and that's fine too but I can never, force myself to go fast or slow.
Rumbling here but you get the point-I hope.

Anyways, didn't run today Friday is my Volleyball day but I hoping to increase my running time this weekend.

Reactions: Bare Lee and NickW

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts