VFF Speed fit compared to Bikila LS

soleless

Barefooters
Dec 27, 2011
So, I have started wearing the VFF Bikila LS, and I found the Speeds online. I was just wondering about how they fit comparitively to the Bikilas. I know they share the same foot bed, but I did find a review that stated the Speed was more snug. It didn't say how much more snug though. I wear a 47 in the Bikilas, and I have a very wide foot throughout. The bikilas fit "like a glove" rather literally, they don't squeeze or pinch my feet though, it's more of a hugging feeling. I really love the look of the speed, but I don't want to have to hassle with a return for it if it doesn't work out for me. Any input on how much tighter if any the Speeds are? thanks for any help.

Check out the forums at

Check out the forums at birthdayshoes.com. They're are a lot of threads about Speed sizing there.

I considered the Speeds and

I considered the Speeds and tried on some, but in the end I thought I would get more ground feel with Komodosport LS's over the Speed/Bikila footbed. I also liked the speed lacing system of the Komodos and didn't want to fiddle with normal laces on the Speeds.

Thanks for the tip on the

Thanks for the tip on the Birthdayshoes forum, found a lot of info on fit there, looks like the speeds are out for me. I did try the Komodo LS and the toes were too snug compared to the same size Bikila LS. Oh well. Thanks again for the info.