Trees!

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
Does anyone on here climb trees? Like for fun and exercise? I am thinking of doing it!

make sure you have decent health insurance.....:p

Reactions: jldeleon
um I have a tendency to do this alot when drinking. See profile pic for example. Which for the record is an absolutely horrible idea. I have yet to hurt myself but I spent all summer climbing trees as kid so I have some good muscle memory. Also I'd like to reiterate I know that this is a bad idea. I've randomly hopped on a tree while out for a run or walking with my husband, camping ect... too. I wouldn't say I do this for fitness. Most trees aren't really big enough to do it a huge amount or for a long enough time to count as fitness. Plus if they were you'd be really high and risk hurting yourself, or the branches would be too high to get up into to begin with. I think if you want to climb for fitness you should try a rock wall. Plus they give you safety harnesses. I just think its fun to hop up in branches a every now and then.

No, I just grow them for bonsai

not to be a downer, but I have a friend who was climbing drunk, slipped from a branch (granted she was jumping from the railing of a porch) fell and had to spend the next few months in a body cast!!
....but I must agree that I love climbing and did often as a kid...
I mean, what else are you going to do growing up in the woods!

For practice, I may want to go to the local playground and climb around on the playground equipment with the "other" children. Lol.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7