Top of the Foot Pain

Everglade

Barefooters
Sep 26, 2011
Alright, so here's what's up.
I'm training for a half marathon, and about two weeks ago I went for a 12 mile run. I did most of it barefoot, but I brought my vibrams along because part of the my usual route was closed off and I needed to travel over some rough terrain. The thing is, I wasn't used to my vibrams because I hadn't worn them for awhile (The weather was nice enough to go barefoot), PLUS the ground was uneven, PLUS I probably added too many miles too quickly. (My last long run had only been 8.5.) Once I cleared the rough terrain, the top of my foot (the tendon stretching from my ankle to my big toe) was throbbing. I took the vibrams off and continued my run, and the pain subsided slightly---but I was limping around on it the rest of the day.
I didn't run for a few days, and after that I did a few light runs. Every time I thought my foot was sufficiently healed, I would try running on it and only make the pain return again. Right now it doesn't hurt much unless I flex and point my toes. (Sort of a slight twinge/"squeaky" feeling in my foot. The "squeakiness" only started a few days ago.) My 1/2 marathon is in less than three weeks. Any suggestions on how I should train and treat my injury? Has anyone else experienced this?

You might want to copy this over the to Ask the Docs forum and ask them there as well. Get well!

Thanks, I just did!

Ouch! Your pain sounds similar to what happened to me. If you injured your tendon like I did, it'll take a long time to heal - several weeks at a minimum.. Here's hoping that's not what happened!! I posted some PT exercises that really helped me in the posterior tibialis tendon thread if you want to check them out.

Aaaannnnd here's the proof that shoes will hurt you regardless of the type. Shoes contain evil spirits, take your Vibrams to a church and sprinkle them with Holy Water immediately.

Reactions: jldeleon

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7