TMTS or the right decision?

AnneTanne

Barefooters
Feb 27, 2012
Balen, Belgium
annetanne.be
About 6 week of transitioning to barefoot-running.
Today I really needed a run, and so after a few run/walk intervals I decided to ditch that Start2run scheme that I'm using (Belgian lookalike of the C25K), and just run as long as it felt good, and to keep my HR around MAF.
TMTS or the right decision? I think it turned out to be the latter: during that first longer running-interval (about 11 minutes instead of the 5 my scheme dictated), I felt some ache in my left ankle. I tried to adjust my form, and suddenly not only the pain was gone, but running felt so much smoother... It was like I could go on and on... (but although I didn't follow the intervals of my scheme, I tried not to run farther than it said)... And when I finally arrived at the dreaded chip&seal at the end of my run, even that felt smooth!!!
I finally think I dare say I'm a bit of a barefoot-runner!

From your description it sounds like the correct decision.
Your next challenge will be in not sucumbing to TMTS now that you have laughed in it's face succesfully.
Beware!

good job. listened to your body and didn't over do it. no pain. just don't jump into a mary or ultra now.;)

I agree, Anne, you're doing fine - and MAF is a good way to prevent TMTS :)

Btw, did you mean to post this in the New Members forum? I'm going to move it, unless you tell me to leave it here.

tomorrow...

Gute Nacht

Is there a TMTS forum?

Reactions: BFwillie_g
i thought we talk about it in every post? :confused:

And another run yesterday...
Temperatures are getting colder here, it was about 11C/52F when I left home, and I immediately noticed the dark clouds in the west... OK, the predicted rainshowers had finally arrived...
I did a brisk warmup-walk for 5 minutes, and shortly after I started running the wind got fiercer and the first drops fell. It took only seconds before it was pouring...
After my turning point I was going to meet a headwind, so I decided to turn a bit earlier than planned...

So I did my first barefoot run in the rain and in the cold (OK, it was not very cold, but the rain made it feel colder... my hands and face felt really cold in the end, and the hot tub back home was very welcoming).
And indeed, thanks to the weather I wasn't tempted to do TMTS...

Reactions: happysongbird
And when I finally arrived at the dreaded chip&seal at the end of my run, even that felt smooth!!!
I finally think I dare say I'm a bit of a barefoot-runner!

And your blog needs a new picture at the top.....or at least some photoshopping!

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7