This is enough to make me puke!

Also, for perspective, in the "10 things you need to know on Tuesday" link, there's this:

The perspective lies in the fact that Everest is 29,029 feet (something I easily Googled). Point being, don't put too much stock in what you read; do your own research (or, in our case, experimentation)

It must be from a country where the comma means decimal ie. 35.035 feet.

i remember a few months back the local paper here posted an article with a women on the picture who fractured her foot when she put on her vff's. the journalist blamed it on bfr after only a few minutes. josh and i blasted the oregonian. i put the blame solely on the women for not doing her research and taking the time to learn how to run properly and go bf first as vibram recommends. the next day after being blasted by so many educated bf'ers and a few shoddies with weak arguments, they printed another article saying they were wrong in how they presented it and obviously both dr's and bf'ers agreed it has to be approached slowly and with caution.

Reactions: NickW and Bare Lee
I remember that article. After Josh shared it with me, I also blasted it. It took several attempts before they would publish my comments, although there was nothing ugly in what I said. I have no respect for the Oregonian rag.

ya i thought you would. they printed a bit of a retraction the next day. did you see that one?

I'm not sure. Do you have a link?

My wife read the initial article, needless to say it caused several argument in our household. We never saw or heard about a retraction article. Must have been buried in the Oregonian somewhere were few people saw it. I got a lot of flak from family and local friends that saw it. None of them saw the retraction article either...

People are so gullible and easily swayed.

and that's just how they want us to be. don't ask questions and do what you're told.

Reactions: Robin
My wife read the initial article, needless to say it caused several argument in our household. We never saw or heard about a retraction article. Must have been buried in the Oregonian somewhere were few people saw it. I got a lot of flak from family and local friends that saw it. None of them saw the retraction article either...
oh how silly! i'm so glad that my extended family seems not to notice my bf, and my immediate family is either in support or just rolls their eyes at my crazy wackiness. must be stressful if you have to deal w/ disapproval of bf in your own house. every article like that will add fuel to the fire.

scedastic, it's not as bad as it sounded. My wife hates it but tolerates it because I am now able to walk and run without pain where as a year ago I was in constant never ending pain. My family accepts that I'm weird and quirky, my wife's family on the other hand is learning to accept my quirkiness. Not to say they didn't used to give me grief about it, but I think they too see the difference in how I feel and so are becoming more accepting of it. They are more straight laced and close minded than my family and anything out of the norm is weird and isn't right. They are very good people though too, just very straight laced and to them I am very eccentric.

They are more straight laced and close minded than my family and anything out of the norm is weird and isn't right. They are very good people though too, just very straight laced and to them I am very eccentric.

Yeah, to most people I'm also very 'eccentric' (to put it mildly); fun times watching them all get used to it isn't it?
Being bf is just one of those very visible signs, too.

Maybe I'm too much of a "glass half full" kinda guy, but I say, all press, in this day and age, is good press for us! They are talking about us, even if they get it wrong. None of us are "followers" or the kind of people who take everything at face value. We google, research, experiment and trust to our own devices. People like us will read these articles, do their own research and still find their way to Barefoot running. The rest will keep on patting us on the back as they run by us in the next race, commenting on how "hard core", "Bad-ass" and "awesome" we are and making us their "hero". Yeah...I can live with that! ;)

-Jonny

Nick, i find you eccentric. now that's saying something with how weird i am.