Symmetrical blisters on both feet.. wat do they indicate?

wow seems like you have been

wow seems like you have been through alot... and diffenetely you are not at your personal best ..... but look at the bright side.. you still are able to run while dozens cannot ...... wish u good luck wish with ur upcoming surgery n i hope it works this time :) ........

I do too.  Thank you.

I do too. Thank you.

today i countered something

today i countered something very wierd while running ..... actually i havent run for 2 days in order to make sure my feet is fully recovered ... so today i put on my vibram and went running ... after 5 mins i felt really uncomforable ... i was feeling the bones under the balls of my forefeet with each stride.... its the first time to feel such thing .. so i took off my vibrams and decided to end my run and cool down barefoot as usual ... but i felt much much better barefoot .. with no pain at all .. so i decided to continue my run rather than just cooling down ..... any idea why the forefoot pain disappeard when i took off my vibrams ?

When we run with "perceived"

When we run with "perceived" protection, we are more likely to run without caution, meaning we run harder, since we "think" the footwear is going to protect us. Your bare soles are preventing you from running hard, pounding the ground, so you're able to run more comfortably with bare feet. I have the same problem in VFFs (when I could run in them, not that I ever felt 100% in them), but my forefoot wasn't the problem; instead, I would heel strike in them. Remove the footwear, remove the problem.

ya its like already saved in

ya its like already saved in our mind that any shoes = protection = less cutiion from us while running .... the reason that am wearing VFF not because i like them .. its because that am forced to run @ midnight ... so its a little bit dangerous to run barefeet .... but i will give it a try tomorrow to see how it goes :p

If you run through the

If you run through the neighborhoods at night, I find that the street lights and the moon provide just enough light.

Studies (two that I know of) have found that we actually step harder, with more force, when we run with cushioned shoes. Remove the shoes, and we step lighter.

Tareef, I'm curious...which

Tareef, I'm curious...which is your first language? You seem to be doing extremely well with English. I am impressed and know I couldn't do nearly so well in any other language, except maybe Spanish if I were to have a dictionary at my elbow.

You wrote that you're pretty new to this Barefoot Running experience. Believe the folks who write that it takes a lot longer than you would believe to get your feet into shape. You are, in my opinion, begging for an injury if you are worried at all about your speed yet. Work on your form until it is much more reliable and comfortable. It could be (maybe even should be) months more until you can think about pushing for "FASTER!"

I hope you get to run out in the sun one of these days.

Good luck!

Joseph , I'm blushed already

Joseph , I'm blushed already :p ...... my 1st language actually is Arabic ..... do you know it ?

how long normally do you think it will takes to get my feet into shape ? (am still 19 years old,, plus i started running almost a year ago,, and have been transitioning into barefoot running since 2 months ) ...

ya i think you are right about how dangerous is thinking of speed while still in early stages of transitioning .....

Hopefully i will be back to running in the daytime next month :)

Hello Tareef, From what I

Hello Tareef,

From what I have gathered, through reading many accounts, is that there is really no exact time that can be put on a person's transitional period. There are too many variables. Some seem to take as little as a few months, others a year or two. The more time you spend barefoot, theoretically, the less time you'll need for transition.

Gracia y paz,

a

Hello Alejandro..Ya u r

Hello Alejandro..

Ya u r right .. there are many variables that affect the transition period... I think age plays a huge role too beside the time you spend being barefoot....

The problem is that i always feel that i can put extra miles , but in the same time i'm afraid of TMTS :( ..... because i dont wana get injured and put away running for couple of weeks....

I'm going to complete my 2nd month of barefoot running soon .... and this week i was able to put 37 km as a weekly milage ... so happy about it and optimistic too

Salaam Tareef, Marhaba (my

Salaam Tareef, Marhaba (my keyboard doesn't know how to write in Arabic)

So, if I translate units correctly, 37 km works out to about 20 miles. Not bad at all for a weekly total for BF running at just a couple months into it. You should be fine for an October 16.8 km race. Whether you can do it BF depends not only on your feet and legs, but on the surfaces you will have to run on. Be prepared to be flexible and use Min shoes now and then if you can and if you need to in order to prevent injury. You might need them for the winter when the snow and ice come, too.

(Through the wonders of cut and paste ...??????

Hello Joseph ..  wow.. you

Hello Joseph ..

wow.. you can speak arabic ? tought through friends ?

For my upcoming race , am doing my best to avoid running on soft surfaces (like sand, asphalt,, etc ) ... am running on brick sidewalk more often since its much harder than running on the the asphalt , thus i can stenghten my feet espically the soles... is that right ?

about the weather condition, I'm currently staying in Malaysia , its hot throghout the year what vaires is the rain quantity only , so no need to worry about the weather i think , cuz even if it rained while running i think that being barefoot is much better than running with vibrams... what do you think ?

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon