Sore Toes

Has anyone any advice on keeping the tips of my toes from getting sore?
I've tried drawing my toes up as I run and on landing but there's still a little abrasion at the end of my stride. It doesn't hurt or anything but I do see small abrasions on the tips when I'm inspecting my feet after a run.
Anyone else get this or has found any techniques to avoid it?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366892874.431212.jpg

I used to get that. In my case (yours may be different) I was trying to "grip" the ground with my toes. I think some say it can happen from pushing off too, but I'm not 100% about that as I never had this happen from that. Anyhow, hope this helps and hope others have more suggestions for you too. Good luck!

Reactions: Darkand
I used to get that. In my case (yours may be different) I was trying to "grip" the ground with my toes. I think some say it can happen from pushing off too, but I'm not 100% about that as I never had this happen from that. Anyhow, hope this helps and hope others have more suggestions for you too. Good luck!

Thanks Nick.
I used I grip too and managed eventually to stop myself doing that, but the pushing off, I think you may have nailed it with that. I'm out for a run tonight so will try to be mindful of lifting my feet not pushing!
Thanks!

Reactions: NickW
Toe wear on the 2nd and 3rd toes is the most common abrasion I get on my feet especially the 2nd toes...I've tried lifting the toes but in the end it just takes miles of getting used to it. Higher speeds makes it worse also...one benefit of running the downhills fast is it helps get your feet used to higher speeds even though your overall run could be slow.

It's normal for lots of people to go through what you're going trhu until the tip of the toes build tolerance.
But whatever you do don't force anything like purposly lifting your toes don't do it and try to not to think too much on form just go outhere, run, have fun and let those piggies fall where they might.
Put Neosporine and a band-aid before you go to bed at night and you'll be good to go next day.

Dama, I guess when I said I had to work on the gripping with the toes I didn't mean to raise the toes or anything like that. I had to learn to relax the toes is all, which I think even bfKenBob says to do.
I think there's a part in the Ken Bob book that talks of him getting sore toes halfway through a marathon and he simply raised his toes on lift off. I think that's what it said!?... I'm currently re-reading it to try to find the chapter to see.

Dama, I guess when I said I had to work on the gripping with the toes I didn't mean to raise the toes or anything like that. I had to learn to relax the toes is all, which I think even bfKenBob says to do.

No worries Nick I was reffering to Darkand to not do that.
I always say to relax and do what feels right.

Reactions: NickW

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7