Recruitment

barefoot kean

Barefooters
Jun 3, 2010
Anchorage
Im thinkin about joining the St. Louis ultra-runners group to complete two tasks 1)complete and ultra 2)recruit new members. Does anyone have any other ideas where i can find other barefoot/minimalist runners?

I joined the local chapter of

I joined the local chapter of the barefoot hikers club. A lot of those people also run, but perhaps hadn't thought that barefoot running was possible. I expect to get a lot of people to join BRS out of that.

Also, Zumba and I have been pretty successful recruiting just by walking up to people wearing VFFs or going barefoot and handing them a business card or talking to them about BRS. Most people in those situations are pretty receptive to joining a group like ours.

saypay45 wrote:Also, Zumba

saypay45 said:
Also, Zumba and I have been pretty successful recruiting just by walking up to people wearing VFFs, put a bag over their heads, give them a good clubbing and steal their vff's. Then we leave them a business card about BRS.

J)

When I read this, I was expecting more unorthodox measures from you Minnesotans.

We're opening to the public

We're opening to the public possibly today, since Cameron has the security updates, module upgrades, and maps problem resolved, so there will hopefully be a bunch more people joining soon from all over the place.

Huh?

Huh?

TJ, Abide changed

TJ, Abide changed what I wrote in his reply to this:

"Also, Zumba and I have been pretty successful recruiting just by walking up to people wearing VFFs, put a bag over their heads, give them a good clubbing and steal their vff's. Then we leave them a business card about BRS."

I replied in my normal sarcastic way. You got confused. I explained. End of status update.

Oh, that will teach me to

Oh, that will teach me to speed read.

lmao, desperate times call

lmao, desperate times call for desperate measures. And it's not just the VFF's we're kiping, those foot coffins go for a pretty penny on ebay ;) We'll start bringin in the BRS big bucks soon

I've had success simply by

I've had success simply by running with people. The vast majority of my running partners have swithched to BFR/MR over the last few years and I made NO attempt to persuade them. The results of them seeing me remain injury-free speak for themselves. ;-)

Agree with Jason.  I've been

Agree with Jason. I've been volunteering myself to go over and run with friends that are new or aspiring barefoot runners. Just a couple of miles at a trail near their house. It's a really low pressure environment where they can ask me all the questions they need to and try out the sport. I've had quite a few people who have switched over at least part time because of that run.

A lot of people just need a little push to make the jump. It does way more for recruitment than any other method I've used.

LPJ -- I try to practice your

LPJ -- I try to practice your approach. And just because running barefoot running works for me, it doesn't mean that anyone else needs to run barefoot.

Last Place Jason wrote:I've

Last Place Jason said:
I've had success simply by running with people. The vast majority of my running partners have swithched to BFR/MR over the last few years and I made NO attempt to persuade them. The results of them seeing me remain injury-free speak for themselves. ;-)

Jason - my running partners are using less shoe, too. I've been running with two guys I work with since November. They've both been out with overuse injuries during the past year, and are both currently out again, but I haven't, despite the fact that I've ramped up my mileage and pace considerably. (When I moved to Massachusetts, I couldn't run with them because I was too slow. It was a goal of mine to get to the point where I could keep up.) I was out around Xmass for a few weeks with a hamstring injury - but that was from slipping while getting out of the car.

I've been trying to educate

I've been trying to educate as much as possible when asked a question while running BF or walking around in VFF's. I've been in a few races where people have tracked a mile + with me asking me about my bare feet and most of them have either heard of the concept, read BTR, or have just bought VFF's or something. Most ask for information and I've been sending them to LPJ's site.

On the other side, I have Zero running friends, or at least with my schedule. I do like running alone with my thoughts. I was having a conversation the other day with a friend about running and the topic switched to iPods and for the first time in 8 months, I consciously thought about how I never listen to music anymore. It distracts the natural rhythm that I establish with myself. Well I digress, I think there are 100's of people out there that have their interest peeked and hope many of them can benefit from transitioning, but I like others here take no part in preaching or turning up a nose.

In the end, I believe that BFR is the right path for me and I'm willing to help any others along their quest if my amateur assistance is called for!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts