Questions about Paper Feet.

Nyah

Barefooters
Oct 29, 2010
I'm intrigued by the Paper Feet sandals. I have a few questions regarding them.

1. I've never touched "billboard material" - How grippy underfoot are the Paper Feet?
2. Can I wear conventional socks with the Paper Feet?
3. If not, are the Paper Feet easily converted to accommodate conventional socks?
4. I don't know how barefoot-knowledgeable the Paper Feet company is. Are the sandals made for good toe-splay or are they instead suffering the same problem as the Merrell "Barefoot" series (toe section is fashionable at the expense of function)?

Yuck. This webforum changed

Yuck. This webforum changed the way my message looks. I'm sorry that the text looks badly formatted but, I've yet to learn how to do that with this forum software yet. When I submitted the message, each question had its own line, not formatted as if it were part of a single paragraph. I welcome explanations on how to properly fix this.

By the way, can anyone tell

By the way, can anyone tell me where this topic is posted to? It's not showing up in the forum that I thought I was posting it to (Gear & Footwear).

The paper feet material I

The paper feet material I would not call completely smooth. It is smooth, but has many, many little bumps would be my best way to describe it. I've walked with them in rain without a problem, and on smooth floors without a problem.

Yes you could wear socks with paper feet. Not sure how fashionable it would look though.

There is a velcro strap at forefoot, and the upper foot, heel. So you can adjust the straps to meet your foot size. Not a problem.

I'm not that fond of the front toe strap. It was designed to eliminate sole drag. I ended up just cutting it off cause I did not like how it rendered on my toes. It would not sit square behind my big toe. Then I shortened the front of the sole a little bit. To eliminate dragging. I hear folks do different things to personalize them. The owner is supportive of us altering the product so it meets are personal needs.

I'd say it is the most minimal sandal on the market. I don't use mine too much, but I certainly encourage them as a good minimal sandal.

On hard floors, how would

On hard floors, how would these sandals compare in traction to wearing just a pair of conventional athletic socks? Care to compare them? Or if you have a pair of original Sockwas that still have the fabric on the bottom, they would make a good comparison with Paper-Feet sandals, in this regard, since many of us are familiar with them.

I'd say socks would be much

I'd say socks would be much more "slide friendly" on hard floors. The paper feet have liittle dimples would be another way to describe it. If I wear them, and try to slide my body weight across the floor it is not easy. They do grip the floor. These won't allow you to slide super easy. Generally speaking I would say lack of traction is not a problem in normal day to day out, and about activities.

As fas as the sockwa. I purchased the amphibian at one point. I was very disappointed with overall design. Particularly in toe box, and overall width too narrow. So I quickly returned them. I can't compare to any sockwa product.

Also if you are a daily bare footer. For example they can easily be folded, or rolled and put in your pocket. If say you need to put something on for a store that is pesky. I originally got them cause I had astore, ot two pesking me to put something on my feet. Paper feet was my solution at the time. Now I have found other solutions that allow me to stay BF. It's still a great product. I have only used them in walking conditions of stores mostly.

If you have any further questions let me know. I will answer them best I can.

What application do you see yourself using them for ? home use, stores, city streets, physical activities, etc ? How often would you intend to wear them ?

Nyah, the post is showing up

Nyah, the post is showing up in Gear & Footwear as you wanted. Also, would you happen to be copying your text into a post here from some other program? I know that when someone does that, it will drop certain formatting, namely line breaks.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts