Question about pronation

So I decided to look up pronation this morning and most of the definitions I saw (didn't look too deeply into it) said that the heel strikes the ground first and then the foot rolls inward. 15 degrees is normal, more is overpronation, and less than 15 degrees is underpronation. Since we all land midfoot and forefoot here as barefoot/mishoe runners, do none of us pronate? Is there really anything wrong with (over/under)pronating? If there is can someone please help educate me? While I have run for years I never was taught anything about this stuff so I am naturally interested in figuring out what it is and how it's a problem. Thanks!

My right foot lands pretty flat (maybe just slightly to the outside) while my left foot lands on inside of foot and rolls outwards... I have problems with the skin on my left foot pretty frequently while my right foot never hurts or has problems. Interesting article Rick. I think I need to start trying to work on landing better with the left foot.

I do a lot of running (fast walking) on rough terrain, so I find myself testing the landing with the meatier outside part of my foot before putting the weight on the ball. Even doing this, it seems like the ball of my left foot is constantly sore. Seems like most of my problems are on my left side. One of these days I'll figure out how to post a video for analysis. Smooth conditions, I land more evenly.

I need to do the video analysis too. My wife says she would do it for me, but she really is terrible with camera work. Shhhh, I didn't say that. ;) Maybe I could break out the tripod so she would just be able to move side to side and not up and down. I could just see her not getting my feet but getting from the waist up on me.

Did you just say "Maybe I could break out the tripod so she would just be able to move side to side and not up and down."? I'm going to leave this alone, but the other guys won't.

Seriously though, I think she would do fine. I can't even bring it up with my wife. She would wonder what for and why? I'll have my son do it with his gopro.

Reactions: Lomad
Lol! Wait till Chaser gets a hold of it. Wait, he may be on good behavior for the moment. I think I saw somewhere today where he said um, jubblies (actually the other word but I don't want to get in trouble myself) a few times too many and got a warning. As far as my wife working the CAMERA, I am kind of picky and she is not so much. Tripod will be in order and with me getting everything set up all she has to do is follow me and keep me in the frame. My wife think's it's dumb but she will do it for me. She'll will make lot's of fun of me probably while doing it but I guess that's what the mute button is for.

your wife has a mute button? did she come with that or you buy it?

I apparently have one as well....aftermarket too.....I'm told I wear it on my left hand.... :oops: