Pain under big toe

Are-Harald Brenne

For the most part, this summer when I went outside, which actually wasn't that much, I wore fivefingers or went barefoot. So much more fluid than healtramping.

Ignored the first hints of pain, how incredibly smart! Now I get pain even from walking not very fast in regular running shoes, after a few hours.

Only the right foot is affected.
The pain feels like tendonitis and is mainly around the middle bone, proximal phalanx, on the side facing downwards when I stand. Sometimes more to the left, sometimes more to the right.

Plans: Stretch toes and ancle in all directions, do self-massage on the flexor hallus longus trigger point and foot sole. Might go to a sport massage clinic to get help to squeeze out that trigger point, and what else they might have in mind.

Anyone ever heard about something similar, from walking or running barefoot?

Cheers,

Are-Harald

not sure what to make of the symptoms however, I would want to rule out a possible stress fracture

Reactions: Sid
Hello Are-Harald

Are you able to provide any pictures showing where you are feeling your pain? Based off of your description above it is not very clear. There are many moving parts and complex network of ligaments, sesamoids, capaule, tendons around the big toe joints - so the more information we have the better!

Thank you!

Reactions: Sid

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7