Overweight transition

Barefootpuffin

Barefooters
Aug 22, 2011
Hello friends,

I've added another blog post tonight. I've also found what I believe is my niche. Like a lot of people I know, I'm overweight (albeit I've undergone gastric bypass surgery) and I've decide to share my experiences, and provide an insight into the world of barefoot running from that of an overweight runner. I think lots of folks would benefit from this point of view. I'd love it if you'd come on over and give a look. Let me know what you think. The link above isn't the first since I've narrowed my focus, so take a look through the back posts to see how I've changed my focus.

Thanks folks,

Aaron

I love it!  You didn't use

I love it! You didn't use "Foot Coffin" nearly enough, though! ;o) JK

I don't know your definition of "Puffin", but I was 260lbs when I started running in minimals and 240ish when I went barefoot. You, Sir, are spot on!

-Jonny

Jonny00GT wrote:I love it!

Jonny00GT said:
I love it! You didn't use "Foot Coffin" nearly enough, though! ;o) JK

I don't know your definition of "Puffin", but I was 260lbs when I started running in minimals and 240ish when I went barefoot. You, Sir, are spot on!

-Jonny

When I started my weightloss journey I was tipping just over 300 on the scale o death. Gastric bypass brought me down to 240ish, but I believe it's my new found love of movement and exercise that has taken the last 25 pounds off.

Here is my definition of a Puffin. It's taken from my Why Puffin page straight from my blog:

Puffin is a pet name that my wife gave me to try and irritate me. Since then, I've kind of grown into the name, and now I use it to give folks an idea of what I'm like as a person. It's my mascot if you will. Puffins aren't like penguins. We are pudgier around the middle, and we don't really mind. Who wants to be a singing penguin when you can be a Puffin. Puffins can fly by the way. We aren't showy, we aren't always dressed to impress, and we live a very minimalist lifestyle. Well, at least that is how I view Puffins. If you don't, then how many Puffins have you met?

Aaron

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon