Old beat-up shoes, or huaraches? You decide.

Barefoot DJ

Barefooters
Oct 7, 2011
So I'm greatly in need of some laces for my huaraches. I have no way of being able to get lace for my huaraches besides using shoe laces, which i only can only get from old indoor soccer cleats, or my beat-up Nike Airs.
In Born to Run, some of the research said that there was more foot control in shoes whose soles' were worn out. So I've been using the beat-up Nike Airs (they're like 5 years old, my brother used to wear them, and my mom has been trying to get me to get rid of them for months), for my regular running shoes as well as to practice barefoot running style.
Which would be better, some more-protective-but-still-barefoot shoes, or less-protective-and-more-barefoot-huaraches? Note: I have other shoes, they're new balances but they're pretty stiff.

Which ever way you decide,

Which ever way you decide, you can get a very similar lacing at Home Depot, I use it for my leather huaraches.

And you can try the craft

And you can try the craft stores for lacing. Just make sure they are not too thin.

As I said.. can't go anywhere

As I said.. can't go anywhere to buy these things. And what size hole do y'all use on your huaraches?

Edit: Standard hole punch is 1/4 inch in diameter. is that good for huaraches? I read on Luna Sandals' instructions that it is, but not sure.

dude, are you a prisoner or

dude, are you a prisoner or something?! ;)

anyway, and I haven't looked into this myself, can't you order new huarache laces online from Luna or Invisible Shoes or Branca or someone? then you can just get them mailed to your house and not have to worry about transportation. :)

more to the point, I would say you don't want to go with the stiff NB's. I would go bare if you can, huaraches if not bare, and if you absolutely have no way of finding some kind of lace for them, the beat up nikes would be the absolute last resort.

DJ send me a message w your

DJ send me a message w your address, I have a spare pair of invisible shoe laces I'll mail to you.

I think DJ is a youngin if I

I think DJ is a youngin if I remember correctly which may be why DJ is not able to go out to buy them. I was thinking I remember you saying you were 13 or something like that in a different thread. Good luck with your laces DJ and I'd be more than willing to mail you a pair of laces if you need and it sounds like I'm not the only one.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7