new VFF question

buzgal

Barefooters
Jan 30, 2012
I bought a pair of VFF because they were ridiculously cheap and I am trying to experiment with different minimalist shoes for times barefoot is not an enjoyable option. Anyway for those of you that have VFF, when you first got them were they tight and uncomfortable...and did you work up a sweat just trying to put them on? I can't decide if I should keep mine? I want to go for a run in them to see what I think, but then probably couldn't return/exchange them if noticeably worn?

Thanks!

Sarah

PS. I bought them on-line so just went off the sizing chart...maybe I need to go up a size?

I bought a size too small at

I bought a size too small at first. Miserable. Your longest toe should not bump into the end of the shoe/toe pocket when you run; if it does, you will be miserable until you get bigger shoes. But they take a while to put on. Practice has cut my time from several minutes down to less than a minute each.

The fit should be snug, but

The fit should be snug, but not uncomfortable. Think of a well-fitting glove. I do have a pair of black KSOs that are a bit uncomfortable when I first put them on. Once I've had them on for a few minutes, they're fine. All of my other VFFs feel good from the start.

When I first went to VFFs, I had a terrible time putting them on. That went away pretty quickly and now it only takes a couple of seconds.

I also know from experience

I also know from experience that not everyone fits vff's. I am one of those unfortunate people. I've tried really hard but my toes never seem to fit right and always end up with tofp in them. Try different sizing and see if that helps, otherwise you may be like me with odd feet and just can't wear them. A good alternative would be the Altra Eve's for you. They are as thin or thinner than some of the models of vff's out there.

It took me like 5 minutes to

It took me like 5 minutes to get them on the first time I tried them in a store. Now my KS LS's go on in maybe 5 seconds each. It's really easy now that I know how to splay my toes just right to get them in place.

Actually it takes a good bit longer to get my Injinji socks on than it does my VFF's.

And dont forget if you ever

And dont forget if you ever want to wear injinji or other similar socks with them if they are pretty tight now then socks are probably not going to work.

VFFs are one thing I would recommend to atleast try on to get your size in a store. Wrote my size down on my phone and went online and got a pretty good deal compared to store price.

Good luck!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7