Never healing ankle

Deeply sorry Doomed, possitive thoughts going your way for a full recovery.

Sorry to hear your bad news, Doomed. Heal quickly and well.

Dang man, sorry to hear that Doomed. Hope you heal quickly. Makes me think I should go in and get my (what I thought was still PF) checked out again...

Six months! yick.
Get a plan for what you can do (upper body?) to stay healthy and not go completely nuts while you heal.
Can you get PT after a certain point in your recovery? When I had an injury a while back, that did as much for my recovery as it did for keeping me thinking ahead and staying motivated.

Crap Doomed. Sorry man.

A few questions if you don't mind. I am also struggling with an injury right now. I have been too stubborn to get it checked out yet. Feels like PF, but it has been persistent and I have a few symptoms like yours (pain with any push off, seems ok with a mid-foot landing). I had no specific instance that this happened, just a mystery injury.

So was the only way to tell if you had a tear an MRI?
as far as I know, yes.

How far below the ankle was your pain? Mine is directly below the ankle, but more on the bottom of the foot.
Our pain is sounds like it is in the same spot.
You said you had some swelling? Any discoloration? I have had neither.
I initially had swelling when I sprained my ankle. Today when I got my boot he said it had weakened real bad from the injury and the running after that tore it, so when the tear happened, no coloring.
Sorry to burden you with my questions, I know you have plenty to deal with now.

No problem. Sorry to say this, but our symptoms sound very similar. But it could be a nmber of things. I'd get it checked out.

Six months! yick.
Get a plan for what you can do (upper body?) to stay healthy and not go completely nuts while you heal.
Can you get PT after a certain point in your recovery? When I had an injury a while back, that did as much for my recovery as it did for keeping me thinking ahead and staying motivated.

I can actually bike, but not stand up on the bike. It is the pushing off that does it. I joined Planet Fitness for $10 a month and am doing my first ride tomorrow. I plan on doing a lot of riding and then swimming a ton when it gets warmer. Although it will be 76 degrees tomorrow.

Reactions: NickW
Thanks for all of your concern everyone. I plan on hitting the gym and putting just as much time there as I was running and being in great shape to run again as soon as possible.

Bummer man, sorry to hear about that.

Thanks. I think I'm settling into being okay with it. I go back and forth. I plan on coming back stronger than ever. I'm gonna work like... Something that works really hard to get strong and in shape while I recover.

Thanks. I'd like to start doing more research and adding what I find. How's your ankle doing?

It's more of PF symptoms, but with this long of a recovery, I probably have some torn fibers. Ran a half marathon a week ago real easy. Did not do further damage, but was set back a little. Cut out all running plans and am just walking right now. Finding activities that don't aggravate it. Working on things that I neglected when running the higher mileages like strength training and flexibility, so I am trying to get a positive outcome out of it. Like you said above, plan on coming back stronger than ever.

Reactions: NickW

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7