Need input on a strange bump...

Hey all,

About a little over a month ago, I started to go it barefoot. I've not done so outdoors yet, but have been doing it on the treadmill. Like many, I started and noticed my speed pick up as well as my feeling of fatigue I normally have after a run to be pretty much gone. So, I got excited and overdid it resulting in some major TOFP.

I've since gotten over the TOFP, but noticed there is still a tightness as well as a soft, small knot right on top of where my foot and the bottom of my leg meet. It's not painful to walk or even run on. The only time I really feel it is if I bend my foor upward with the top of my foot getting closer to the front of my leg. Any insight given on this would be appreciated immensely.

Regards,

Liam

Well, I guess the above post

Well, I guess the above post doesn't matter anymore! I massaged the area and after time began to really drive my knuckles deep into the area which hurt like crazy. But oddly enough, it seemed to work. The bump is gone and it doesn't feel so tight anymore. Yay me!

Yay you! Sorry none of the

Yay you! Sorry none of the docs got back to you. They're normally good about that.

Thanks for understanding,

Thanks for understanding, Liam. They normally answer posts pretty quickly, considering they are busy doctors after all. We're just so grateful they are here to contribute in this way, as each of them has a real passion for supporting the runners, healthy running, and getting the truth out there. This is truly a rare and exceptional resource to have here at the BRS, and we are all truly appreciative.