My running technique

Wise words.

I am pretty new to all this. Up until recently my running was about A to B in the fastest time. Now it's about the journey, experience and feeling :happy:

That is what running should be all about liberation and enjoyment and barefoot running brings just that:barefoot:

Reactions: NickW
But, I'm not gonna deny that little competitive devil that lurks within ;)

So true, but being a consistent bfr brings you to speed(no pun intended) without even trying ad to that your desire to fast running and boy there is no telling what might happen to your running.
I for one prefer distance over speed the reason being that the longer the run the more joy it brings to my life.
So no, I don't do speed workouts and if it happens that I do well on a race, well, that's just icing on the cake;)

Reactions: NickW and Cymbios
Cymbios,

watch the video closely and you'll see you are still heel striking. it looks like it's light, but still a heel strike. it was hard to see but look and you'll see you're heel hits first and your toes are pointed up. if you're commenting by feel, it can be hard to tell the difference but video doesn't lie. going bf will help out but i've seen people still heel striking while bf.

today i came across this video. check it out along with others on the web and look for the differences. everyone has their own gait but the style of how everyone runs is very similar. upright, elbows back, foot swings behind body and not out in front.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/the-running-blog/video/2013/apr/17/how-run-barefoot-video

Yeah! Thanks for the video. And yeah, the heel striking thing = not good. Went out for a run this evening and I kinda feel like I was doing the opposite. Running on my toes. Not good either really. Gonna feel that in my calfs tomorrow. My form sucked today. Oh well. Gonna rest a couple of days now ...

Oh and this video is pretty good too:

if you can feel that your form was of, i consider that great progress. now fixing it is another beast.