My first AW thread!

Pretty good, and he didn't

Pretty good, and he didn't say only do it if you are a) fast and b) skinny and c) have perfect form which is always a plus in my book. But why would an experienced runner be less at risk of puncture wounds :)?

Well done on your part,

Well done on your part, Abide. Let us know when you find the other segment.

I disagee with the podiatrist that barefoot running is only for experienced runners, meaning those who have been running for years. My children run barefoot around the backyard all the time, and they're not "experienced." (Of course, they haven't been tainted by running shoes though.) Actually, it would come easier to beginners because they haven't been running and developing bad habits in running shoes.

I also didn't like that he said there's a lot of injuries associated with barefoot running. Again, I'll bet the majority of the people seeking medical help are telling their doctors that they were barefoot when they were actually in minimalist foowear. The lines are blurred, and we need to continue to define exactly what is barefoot and what is not, so barefoot running doesn't get a bad name. We have to keep edcuating the public on proper barefoot/natural running form (anything on the foot is unnatural) and advise them to only use shoes when they are truly needed.

Another thing that bothers me is that in these interviews with podiatrists, they don't talk about the high incidence of running shoe related injuries.

That's the negative; now the positive:

At least he didn't bash it and was supportive.