Minimalist Shoe Database?

Have you checked out the

Have you checked out the Product Reviews section up top? There was a link I had to a site that actually is trying to build such a database, but they didn't have many at that time. Maybe they do now, but I can't remember the link. Have you tried seaching the net?

Maple Grove Barefoot Guy and

Maple Grove Barefoot Guy and Jason both have lots of shoe reviews.

Yeah, I know there are people

Yeah, I know there are people with lots of reviews, I was wondering if there is a database. I might set one up. I could organize it where you could search trail vs. road, and maybe have links to reviews? Might be a nice project for me over the Christmas break.

And maybe we could add it to

And maybe we could add it to the site here?

MGBG, Im thinking I might

MGBG, Im thinking I might need to get a pair of minimalist shoes with just a little bit of cusion in them to help get over an inury. Whats your reccomendation?

I know of a good zero drop

I know of a good zero drop shoe with padding. You'll lose most ground feel but you'll get the padding AND zero drop. It's the Altra Instinct. I hear good things about it but I've never run in them myself. I don't like running on pillows anymore.

Yeah, I think it is one of

Yeah, I think it is one of the projects I will work on over the break as long as my plans go the way I think they will. It may not be done right away. I'll try to have some sort of beta for people to look at at the least by the end of that. I think this would be a good place to keep the db. I'm thinking of something like have the shoe name, then the type (trail vs. road), then if it is zero drop, weather specific, and maybe type of toe or something, then an area with links to reviews. I guess I'd just have to get permission from the people whose reviews I base the categories on.

SP, what happened to your

SP, what happened to your loaning out/selling your shoe collection? Your size 16s? Are you still doing that?

I sold a bunch of my shoes,

I sold a bunch of my shoes, but I can't sell them faster than I acquire them. I'm size 11-12. If people are interested they can contact me and I'll give them a list.

Chaser: I agree with the recommendation for the Altra Instinct as a good zero drop shoe with a little padding. Other good options to investigate might be something like the Inov-8 Bare-X or Road-X, the Somnio Nada, or even more of a racing flat like the Mizuno Wave Universe.

The Instinct is a really good

The Instinct is a really good shoe with no insoles. I run in it all the time now and I've really grown to enjoy it. Another option might be the Adam depending on what you mean by cushion. The Adam comes with two insoles so you can actually determine your stack height/cushion by playing with those and then have a minimal shoe when you're healed. Luke's Locker has both so you could try them on in person.

I love the way barefoot

I love the way barefoot runners are such experts on shoes. ;-)

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon