Mileage Reporting 7th week of 2015

It kind of sucks, but I think I'll take a day off from running today. The wind is howling out there and it's about 6 degrees. So will end the 19 day running streak which finished up with a 10 mile run yesterday. Maybe one good thing about the cold that's here now is that it motivated me all week long to put in the miles while I can.

41.3 miles for the week, with 2 runs of at least 10 miles, first time I've ever done that in a week's time.

Interesting 5K run around Newport Wetlands yesterday. My legs and core felt great, and I was going liketty-split when I wus running, but I still kept running out of breath/oxygen/energy and having to walk. I was wearing my huararches and noticed last night I had somehow managed to get a blister under my left big toe, so I'm not sure what I was doing. According to RunKeeper it was my 8th fastest at this distance, which I'm happy with. Bring on Spring!

All mixed up this week! Hopefully it's just a phase. Hahaha. Ran to the gym 1.5 miles on Wednesday, on Thursday and on Saturday. Then walked home. But went on a Lake Merritt loop with the meetup group. Three of us met-up for a 2.75 mile loop. It was fun trotting around the lake with a little group! A total of a smidge over 14.5 BF miles for the week with a few miles of walking around the neighborhood thrown in for good measure. Absolutely no chances for frostbite for me. :)

Dr Efrem, the barefoot doc, gave me a diagnosis of Achilles heel Tendonitis so I am going to be more relaxed next week. My excuse will be the observance of the Chinese New Year.