Merrill Trail Glove

deviantrunner

Chapter Presidents
Apr 3, 2010
Holly Springs, NC
OK... I took the image from one of the ads and played a bit. I copied the foot on the right... mirrored it... added transparency... and layed it over the shoe on the left.

I was considering these, but I don't want my big toe pushed to the side. So... any who have worn these... is your big toe even slightly restricted from splaying when you put your foot down??? See below...

Xqvf1l.jpg

Not sure my big toe sticks

Not sure my big toe sticks out like yours, but I got a pair yesterday and I have had no problems with any of my toes. If anything it feels like there is too much room in there (but I like it that way).

My suggestion is to find a place you can try them on and go from there. If nobody nearby sells them you might be out of luck, but merrells return policy looks pretty decent.

Duh... Good idea.  Coffee

Duh... :D

Good idea. Coffee was scarse this morning. While the image isn't me.. my big toe splays quite a bit to the center (maybe more than the guy in the photo), so I am just being paranoid. Since most shoes have a pointed shape to some degree... I am always looking at this.

Hopefully the upper where

Hopefully the upper where your toe would hit the side will give more and be wider than the sole. I'm hoping they have them at the expo today. I have the same feet as you describe, I'll let you know if I can try them on.

The toe box isn't very

:D

The toe box isn't very pointed. In fact, my wife described them as "clown shoes" yesterday because of the super wide and round toe box. Note that they will be nice and snug around the heel and through the arch, but (should be) loose in the forefoot. The little bit of midfoot cushioning (supposed to be 4mm) is noticeable but after walkin around in them for a while you get used to it (I think in Jasons review he said it breaks down after a while and becomes almost unnoticeable). The upper is very flexible and stretchy in the toe area.

For sizing, I have been wearing 12s for a long time to get the right kind of width and open toe box, but with these I was able to go down to an 11.5, which is my actual "correct" shoe size.

Trust me you will have

Trust me you will have plenty of room in the toe box. And to be honest that picture really doesn't give the shoe justice about how wide the toe box actually is. I agree with Smelph, they do sorta look like clown shoes. :)

And just a little nitpik. It is MerrEll. :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts