Just what I needed! Argh!

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
I was stung by a scorpion (in my kitchen)! First time ever. Yeah me! And guess where? My toe! That's right. Like I don't have enough pain in my feet to deal with. It hurt like hell, and when I tried to touch it, it hurt worse. I honestly think a bee sting is worse though. The pain subsided within an hour, and I was back to my normal self.

It's a good thing I am in Georgia though. They are very common where I live, but these things are mega poisonous in the west and southwest US!

Oh, and if you're wondering. We let it go outside without killing it. I'm a softy, and it's not his fault.

My camera isn't that great up close, but you can see the two scars from my surgery for MN.
DSCN2862_cr.jpgDSCN2864_cr.jpgDSCN2866_cr.jpgDSCN2867_cr.jpg

I'll take New York!:eek:

s-exercise.png

Wow TJ. I didn't know you all had scorpions there in Georgia. I never saw one during the 7 months I was at Ft Benning. Saw lots of fire ants though, errrrgggggg!

I'll take New York!:eek:

And I'll miss New York from Georgia. (In fact, we made it official this week since my dreams of returning to New York for PhD work fell through and my wife was accepted to UGA to work on hers in the Fall. It's been two days, and I am still alive. LOL. I'm going to miss that floppy folding driver license)

TJ, I hope to just take your word on it being less painful than a bee sting.

I'm not a very religious person, but I have read the Old Testament. You are now known as T-Job.
I've been a little more worried about creatures this spring. There are ants everywhere and we do have scorpions. Just saw a 4 foot gopher snake.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

My cats are always bringing in snakes or other critters. Last week alone, we were visited by: a turtle, a baby bird, a chipmunk, a lizard (dead), a scorpion, and a something else that eludes me at the moment. Damn drugs. No, not pot.

Matey, jinxed. Ha! Despite my many trials of late, I feel I am more blessed now than ever. So much beauty in my life. (I just wish I could get out to enjoy more of it with my family.)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway