Juice extractors?

Tristan

Barefooters
Sep 15, 2011
Ohio
I need to shop for a new blender, and I've always wondered about those much more expensive 'juice extractors' so decided to ask here. I've never been a big smoothie person, but I'm trying to work on my nutrition this year and currently shopping for a lot of new kitchen stuff since my soon to be ex is taking a lot of our kitchen gadgets. Which is fine mostly, the kitchen is just so overcrowded with crap that its unusable. So this will be fresh start and hope to add some quality gadgets that I'll use and not just clutter up the space.

Now I have made a few smoothies just in the regular blender, and do like them. I think I'll try to do more of them as part of my usual routine instead of once in a blue moon. Hopefully I'll take them to work, maybe help prevent me from hitting fast food on the way into work on a nightshift.

But are the really expensive blenders much better than the cheaper ones? And what of these juice extractors? I get that they are more designed to juice more solid type veggies like instead of just blending them up. I've never seen one work up close. Some of them get expensive quick... but I would prefer quality even if it costs more. I'd rather have a good functioning and nice looking stainless steel unit even if its 2x or 3x more rather than something plastic that will break anyhow, and even before it breaks struggle with it working well or be a pain to clean. Then again often there are inexpensive units that do just as well as some of the so called best ones. Any advice?

Anyone recommend any good books on making these liquid meals?

Very true, seems like a blender gets all the nutrients possible, and with a lot less parts to deal with and clean. Looking at the Vitamix blenders now, thanks. Wowsa they are expensive, but I'd rather pay the money for a quality unit that will work well.

Just a follow up. Yeah paraganek we had a Ninja as well but the ex is taking it. I rarely got to use it since she always left it dirty and I pretty much stopped cleaning up after her a couple years ago lol.

I looked at many, including the Vitamix. I liked them, but was debating another Ninja or blend tec to save a few bucks. Then I stumbled on one of the Vitamix blenders on amazon that seemed to be on a steep discount and decided what the heck why not. For whatever reason the red model was much cheaper than the others, over $100 less. I really didn't care about the color. Its already back up in price similar to the others so glad I pulled the trigger when I did.

vitamix.JPG
When I first looked through the Vitamix blenders I was mainly interested in the regular one, but with the smaller container so it would fit in the back of the counter. I wasn't going to spend the extra for the CIA (Culinary institute of America) edition. But this one was the CIA version and came with the extra Recipes From the CIA Master Chefs book in addition to the nice recipe book the others come with. This one still ended being $75 cheaper than a basic 5200 Classic series,

Only made a few fruit smoothies so far but its working well and a snap to clean.

Reactions: DNEchris

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090