Irony

macdiver

Barefooters
Dec 22, 2010
Funny ironic story.

How many miles have I run barefoot in the last 3 + years, a few hundred at least. People always worry I'll step on glass or something. I have had people tell me that they would be concerned about hyperdermic needles, used condoms, etc. I told the used condom guy I would move if that was a problem in my neighborhood. So, back to the story, on the beach in Aruba, getting up off my lounge chair in the sand I feel a pain in my foot. I check my foot and there is a toothpick stuck in my big toe. Impaled by someone's martini trash. Right there where no one questions your sanity about being barefoot.

Yeah but I'll bet there were many there that never took off their water shoes the whole day!

I had a taste of irony a couple of months back. I was walking through a subway close to home and a couple of youngish lads were laughing because I was barefoot. They went round a corner and I heard a yelp of pain. One of them had trodden on a broken bottle neck and it had gone through the sole of his thin shoes.... It was all I could do to walk past without laughing.

Poor kid! Yikes!

Reactions: dharmadan
Have always said God[dess] has a sense of humor. Sante.

Reactions: macdiver

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon