Intermittent numbness

Barefootpuffin

Barefooters
Aug 22, 2011
Yesterday I went for a 4 mile run, completely barefoot, and I noticed that my right foot, particularly the forefoot, was going numb intermittently. I'd get the tingly sensation, then numbness. To be fair, I hadn't run in almost a week, and I was working with stride length, cadence, speed, etc. Also, I was working with knee bend. Really focusing on getting them bent. I noticed that if I bent my knees too far, the numbness would come on, but as soon as I straightened them out a but the numbness would dissipate. So I think that might be the cause, but I would like you guy's opinion too.

Anywho, ever heard of anything like this? I should also mention that I've recently converted to a standing desk at work and stand for 8+ hours a day before running.

Thanks,

Aaron

I'm not a doc, but I just

I'm not a doc, but I just wanted to say that nerve damage is not something to mess around with, as I know first-hand, or first-foot, or first-feet. ;-) What I have learned is that if you can allow the nerve to heal "completely," restricting all possible activity for however long it takes, you will have a greater chance of not developing a neuroma or other nerve problem.

What kind of shoes do you wear at work? Can you get a standing chair, something that you can sit/lean on to help take the pressure off your feet? Can you get a tall stool? Why do you have to stand? Your boss should understand.

Good luck!

I'm not sure it's actually

I'm not sure it's actually nerve damage. I wear my vff's to work. I actually chose to make the switch to a standing desk. I was having all sorts of hip issues while sitting for such long periods of time. I take sitting breaks, where in I sit down when we are slow on my desk. I'm actually considering switching back to sitting for work. I figure I can stretch and what not to open my hips back up and give them the relief they need.

I did a deep rolling pin massage last night on my leg muscles last night. I realized that they were tight, and causing tension on my achilles. That might have been the issue. I'll do a test run tonight, hopefully, to see if the numbness returns.

Aaron

When I sit in a chair, if my

When I sit in a chair, if my feet aren't flat on the floor, my knees bother me terribly after a while. I'm getting old and rickety. Is your chair ergonomically correct for you?

Yes, it's ergonomically

Yes, it's ergonomically correct. I think the issue just might be that I have really been focusing my posture recently. I've been working hard to correct my posture. However, I've made the decision to convert back to a sitting position while at work. I'll have to make a concsious effort to get off my arse and move around when I feel stiff. I'm hoping to get a test run in tonight to see if this was just a one time thing or something. I'm hoping that's all it was. Not too mention it might have just been that my knees were too bent for too long of a period of time. My achilles was getting a really good stretch the entire time I was running. Especially my right one it would seem. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it though.

Aaron

Went for a 7 mile run last

Went for a 7 mile run last night in my invisible shoe connects. For the entire first mile I focused on trying to recreate the tingling/numbness in my right foot. Try as I might I couldn't get it to return. So, I'm just going to chalk it up to muscle fatigue from standing at my desk. Legs feel much better now that I've converted back to sitting. I just make it a point to get up several times a day to stretch.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon