Innov-8 Road-x Lite 155 question

So, I have these and they don't hurt me feet, which is a good thing, but I seem to have noticed something and I am just not sure if it's just me or if anyone else has noticed this. When I run in these running feels harder, more difficult. I am not sure how to explain it. It's like I lose my spring and they just dampen my natural spring. I can run barefoot and have that natural spring and everything feels easy, I can even wear my old old Saucony Progrid Omni 8's (see big bulky pre-min-bare me running shoes) and I don't have trouble, other than they are too narrow. Is it something with the type of rubber used for the sole? What is the problem with these that is making things more difficult? They are half the weight with minimal heel lift when compared to my old Omni 8's but something about them makes them harder to run in.

You know Nick I noticed the same thing. It does not matter if I run in my evos or vff's, my form is just off a little bit. I did a 10k in the evos a few weeks back and felt cumbersome in them. Yet ran in them all winter and was okay with them. Maybe I just got spoiled running barefoot for the last 3 months.

****Token shoddie chiming in**** You've been warned/disclaimed...

Nick, I definitely ran 'worse' in minshoes than either barefoot or foot coffins. I think you do lose a sense of feel and your response is delayed (thus the loss of springy feeling). I too am able to run with little problem in my big shoes (maximalist footwear??) compared to the looooong list of minshoes i tried, not counting huaraches. Huaraches were too close to bare and the pain was unmanageable for running, so i lump them in with my barefoot experience more than my minshoes (Adams, trail gloves, road gloves, NB minimus, VFF KSO, VFF treksport, Bikila...).

My view is that running comfortably, with as little pain or discomfort as possible is more important than what i do or do not have on my feet. I know that makes me a bit of a heretic on both sides of the debate, but some do better bare or minimal, and some do better in big shoes (I'm coining a shoe term. I like it better than foam boats or foot coffins). Run the way that brings you most happiness and hang the rest.

Ok, well I guess I was more curious if there was something with the sole material that dampened the ride or something. The sole is a real soft rubber or foam that most shoes will put the harder rubber over, at least in the wear zones. These really do feel like they just steal some of the energy or the energy is lost somehow. I was kind of hoping that Jimmy or someone with experience could at least give me an idea why that may be. I do really like the shoes overall for just walking around and stuff, just running is difficult in them. I think my form is pretty much the same no matter if I am in these or any of my other footwear, huaraches, Adams, Neo's, Omni 8's. Now my barefoot form I believe may be slightly different than my shod form though, maybe a flatter footed landing.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon