Indoor rock Climbing

If anyone has any updates on this, I would be interested. Are there any 5-fingered shoes with better rubberising? I live round the corner from a climbing centre and have not used it for fear of squashing my feet.
Thanks

My rock climbing gym does not allow barefoot climbing (I was even offering them to sign a waiver, did not help).
So I have been happily using my Vibrams KSOs, so far so good.
I have been able to climb whatever up to class 5.9 in them.
If I go on a tougher route the foot holds are too small and I need to switch to my real climbing shoes.
I do not like them because they squish my feet so as a compromise I rarely go on 5.10 and above.

Reactions: Sid
Did lots of climbing in younger times! A 5.10C was all I could muster. Wore a pair of Boreal Ballets about 2.5 sizes smaller than my shoe size. Try lead climbing for a real good time!

Yes exactly. Different terms for the same thing.
The official term for a face/head first rappel is "Tactical Rapelling" designed so you can shoot back at people who might be shooting at you as you descend. For people who aren't on a SWAT team or in the special forces, it's generally referred to as "Stupid".
;)
Rappelling face down is actually called "Australian rappelling." Long before anyone called anything "tactical" climbers were getting down rocks this way.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7