I found a lovely new trail

JosephTree

Barefooters
Sep 7, 2010
Near Valley Forge, PA
I love that I can work in a town for 2 years and find a brand new BF delightful trail in a moment. Today I ran about 3.5 miles of it and was charmed. It runs along a stream in the middle of Princeton, NJ, and has everything you could want: long wooden bridges, a little stretch of gravel, a long stretch of silt/packed dirt that's like running on cool fudge, some gravel/shale, a little paved trail, a field of about 20 acres and it hooks up to miles and miles of parkland trails. I'm so happy. Best of all, It will be nive and shady in the summer.

Dang. I kept looking out the

Dang. I kept looking out the window of our Princeton office today thinking "looks like nice weather for a run". Very cool that you can get out during the day. I can probably deduce which trail you were on given the clues above.

I have only been able to get onto the D&R in the evenings every now and then with some of my (shod) co-workers, but that's been very enjoyable. Funny to watch people gingerly stepping around mud and puddles to avoid getting their shoes wet/dirty while I blast through them.

I finally found a map of the

I finally found a map of the park I like running in and realized I have been missing most of the trails there. I'm going to do a loop today with at least 6 miles of new trails. Should be a blast =) And to think, I've been running in this park for over a year wihout noticing the other side trails.

Swogger, I'd be happy to

Swogger, I'd be happy to encourage you to sneak out and join me on the canal trail or one of my new ones for a noontime run. I ran the D&R all summer last year from Harrison St, usually. It would be a treat to meet another BRS member!

Definitely. My clients start

Definitely. My clients start having 'summer hours' (i.e. have half of Friday off or the whole day every other week) after Memorial Day, so my probability for getting out to run at midday is much higher.