How far north have you run BF?

In May, I'll be doing a tour in Finnmark (northern Norway) to give talks about swearing (long story). I googled my route, and saw that one of the talks will be in Honningsvåg, just a marathon south of Nordkapp, the northernmost point of Norway. (Well, it's actually Knivskjellodden, but Nordkapp is the touristy place.) And at least one of the places I'll be going to, I'll also spread the word about BFR, do a talk or show off my elegant running technique or something.

And that means I will be doing some BFR at more than 71 degrees north this spring. Has anyone here run bf closer to the North Pole? It won't be a huge feat, the temperature is above freezing in May, and lots of us run in sub-freezing this winter- but still, will that be some kind of achievement, barefoot at 71 degrees? Do any of you Canadians run at 72 degrees?

I'll get more people to join in and we'll have the northernmost barefoot run ever! Who wants to join me running a few km?

And now back to the day job...

Reactions: Sid
Our most northern location is Alert at 82°N. You'd still be getting runs that qualify for our Winter Challenge during the entire summer. Never been there... very few have.
The furthest north I've been is Baker Lake area, 64°N. I worked there one summer exploring for uranium. We had snow until July. Maybe 3-5 weeks without snow.

Definitely get a picture cause I really don't think more than a handful of people could say there have been barefoot north of 72°.

Reactions: nisto
I'm surprised Arctic Duplo hasn't seen this yet.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon