Hoonis Australis

Ah Spring time, wonderful time of year. What are the signs of Spring, well, in the northern hemisphere it could be the sound of the Cuckoo, here, in South Australia, the Hoon is rousing from it's winter slumber. The Hoon is a cousin of the Neanderthal but unlike the latter it didn't die out all those tens of thousands of years ago, in the isolation of Australia and lack of predators it bred and there are still large herds that gather during the warmer months.
I hear the first call while running along the coast road, "Get some f*****g shoes on" came the call as the car passed and the Hoon made it's call. I was so excited by this first sign that they had come out of their long winter hibernation that I tried to communicate with it by using sign language, a single finger or maybe two. It seemed to attract it's attention and the creature appeared to become quite agitated, I put this down to the fact that as it is still early in the season and they can be quite nervous after their long sleep.
I soon expect to see the herds gathering along the coast, near jetties showing off their modified motorised carriages and full body tattoo's.
Ah what a wonderful season indeed.

Man, you crack me up Neil! Thanks for that! :barefoot:

How about our Funny Lines For the Back of My Tee Shirt thread?