Hood to Coast History!

jldeleon

Barefooters
Apr 9, 2011
Oregon
Congratulations to our Hood to Coast team for making history as the first Barefoot Runners team! Whoot! I hear rumors that at least 3 of you did the run 100% barefoot! WAY TO GO! And we only had one near death experience -but I won't name names, for fear of incurring my own near death experience... ;)

That is so wonderful, Jen! You rocked it out of the park! I am so proud of all of you. Thanks for MAKING history! I look forward to your pictures, roll call, and report for the home page. :barefoot:

Yuppers, awesome. Congrats, but I have to ask who just about died? With all that though, I am thinking I could talked into coming out next year. :)

My co-captain "just about died".

Due to various injuries, Christy had to stop running around October of last year. She was not able to resolve these injuries until about 2 months BEFORE Hood to Coast, which is when she started running again for the first time in about 10 months.

I did not want her to run in Hood to Coast under those circumstances, but that was not my choice to make, nor in my ability to enforce.

She chose to run and she got injured pretty seriously. Seriously enough that she could not complete the last, oh...mile(?), running. She was obviously in dire pain when she came across the finish line and had to have the EMTs wrap up her foot. She went to urgent care the next day. She was only able to get an x-ray, CT scans are too expensive, and unfortunately x-rays cannot see small fractures, stress fractures, etc. They gave her prescription pain killers and called it "a bruise". She has been on crutches since then. She is now trying to decided what to treat it as - since full diagnosis is not possible at this time.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldManHemingway