Honey!

You just went up 2 coolness

You just went up 2 coolness notches in my book, chaser. But I'm nerdy even for a nerdy geek, so take it fwiw.

Do it! Make your own little bee farm.

I must be the only one who

I must be the only one who doesn't care for the taste of pure honey. It just tastes weird to me. I prefer natural, unrefined sugar.

I'm not sure if I like it

I'm not sure if I like it either. I've had it in the past and didn't care for it, but then tried it a couple times in the past year, and I think it was tolerable. Maybe it's an acquired taste.

I'm finding for myself, it

I'm finding for myself, it doesn't sweeten coffee very well. I keep trying to adjust the amounts that I'm using, but it just doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me. I don't want syrup, but I want just a slight sweet flavor. Seems its no flavor no flavor damn I put too much in again... I love pb and honey sandwiches though. Thats some good stuff there.
wink.png

Yeah I havent had good luck

Yeah I havent had good luck with substitutes when it comes to coffee, though I dont sweeten it much. I've tried honey and maple syrup, as well as stevia. For coffee its got to be sugar for me, but I do enjoy sugar in the raw and german rock cane sugar. I go back and forth about sweetening coffee though, most of the time I just drink it black.

As usual I am late to the

As usual I am late to the party. Bees scare the hell out of me. I've had some pretty nasty stings over the years. Most my fears are unwarrented but I do believe that Yellow Jackets were placed on earth to torment me. Killer africanized bees even more so. Hiking in central america I have encountered but not pissed off massive hives.

My daughter and son in law keep bees in the high mountains of Utah. Every year I get a jar of fresh, natural honey from them and it is the best honey on the planet. I say this seriously because I have bought Honey from everywhere I go. It is simply the best. It is very clear almost like water, sweet but not too sweet, and almost tastes like pear jam. If you have ever had pear jam you know what I am talking about, It is truly magnificent. What really blows me away it the flowers these bees use to make the honey is thistle and wild onions.

Something I never knew about honey that she taught me is that it doesn't go rancid. It may go to sugar if unprocessed but it never goes bad. It has antibacterial properties and prevents growth of disease within itself. Applying a layer of honey to a wound is better than neosporin and will almost guarentee no infection in a cut. I have tried this, it really works.

Amazing stuff, honey is.

Lava, I agree about the

Lava, I agree about the yellow jackets and africanized bees. I've found pretty much everything else will leave you alone, if you leave it alone. But yellow jackets & africanized bees just seem to wake up mad.

Ok, so Ive learned a few

Ok, so Ive learned a few things about Bees and Honey...

-Like Lava said, it doesnt go bad. Ever. Theyve found honey in the burial chambers of the pyramids.

-Honey flavors vary with the type of plant the honey is gathered from. So citrus plants would have a different taste than say clover honey would.

-Local honey is good for your allergies.

Heres a few questions I have about Honey still...

-If you put a hive of honey bees in a large green house with their only food source being one particular type of plant, how stongly would it affect the flavor of the honey?

-If honey bees were placed in said greenhouse with halucigenic / mind altering plants (payote, marajuana, cocoa, ect...) would it then have adverse effects?

- Why is it soo Fn sticky?????

"If honey bees were placed in

"If honey bees were placed in said greenhouse with halucigenic / mind altering plants (payote, marajuana, cocoa, ect...) would it then have adverse effects?"

So basically you want to know if honey made with these plants offers more than just the Buzz from the bees?

Good Question

" Why is it soo Fn sticky?????"

Who Cares? it makes it a lot more fun to lick off someone

Kind of like peanut butter,

Kind of like peanut butter, but with better health benifts!!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7