Green Smoothies anyone

Hi there,

I just finished reading the book Green for Life that advocates that we all need more green leafy plants in our diets. I know I don't eat as much as I should despite me being mainly vegetarian.

I was wondering if any folks out there has been drinking these green smoothies for any period of time and noted any positive changes.

The book has all these statements that it cures everything from poor eyesight to cancer, I always feel the skeptical alarm sounding when I hear some of these things. The endorsements are always in the affirmative (or else they wouldn't be endorsements).

Just sent of for one of the infamous Blendtec machines & I see he also does the iPad in his videos too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAl28d6tbko

Gee I find that guy funny.

Neil

I bought a juicer about a

I bought a juicer about a month ago and do about 1 large glass of a green juice blend a week. Not enough to notice much of a difference as of yet.

My only advice is to go easy on ginger root. That stuff can overpower a blend!

I also have a juicer and use

I also have a juicer and use it to make juice that I wouldn't normally drink, such as green juice. I do this several times a week. The main difference I noticed was that I don't have as many tummy upsets. My favorite green juice is to take 1/3 to 1/2 a bunch of spinach, 1 apple, 1/4 lemon and about a 1" piece of ginger. I don't peel the lemon or core/peel the apple either. I juice it all up and it is super yummy. I also like juice made with beet in it(I peel it so doesn't taste as earthy) which I find funny considering I can't stand to eat beets at all. Blech!

Hi there,I debated about

Hi there,

I debated about geting a juicer myself but in the end went for a blender as I was a little unhappy with the amount of waste a juicer produced, all that good fibre gets chucked out.

I made a blend up of spinach and peaches and despite the odd green colour it was quite tasty, the funny thing is that I don't normally like peaches and spinach is usually too tough to chew.

In the Green for Life book they were recommending drinking a quart of green smoothie per day wow, that sounds like an awful lot.

I was interested in the smoothies because they said they give you lots of energy through the day, would that be enough to cope with plenty of barefoot kilometres I wonder.

Neil

I add spinash to most of my

I add spinash to most of my blender smoothies and I can't taste it. Even the kids will drink it. Our old time favorite is banana+frozen raspberries with water or nut milk and a handful of spinash.

With the juicer, my favorite is carrot+granny smith apple.

Big fan of breakfast

Big fan of breakfast smoothies when it gets hot in the summer. Spinach goes pretty well with most things. I have also used a natural supplement based on algae - the taste takes a small hit but I didnt really mind it if its with mostly fruit.

Super Food Ingredients:

HERBAL INGREDIENTS: Spirulina Algae, Blue-Green Algae, Chlorella Broken-Cell Algae, Barley, Alfalfa & Wheat Grasses, Purple Dulse Seaweed, Beet Root, Spinach Leaf, Acerola Cherry, Rose Hips, Orange & Lemon Peels & Palm Fruit in a base of Dr. Schulze’s Proprietary Non-Fermentable Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Yeast

https://www.herbdoc.com/index.php?option=com_oscommerce&osMod=product_infoNew&Itemid=42&products_id=21&osCsid=

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7