Glutton for punishment

haha! to help motivate me to find the money and see josh again. that guy is always fishing or playing underwater hockey. he misses the islands. btw, i'm doing some speed work to prep for the warrior dash which if i do this race it will be fast. since it's downhill you won't see me except the start and finish. ;)

oh, i was also wondering if i do this should i do it in my huaraches again like i did last year or bare? they laid down a lot of gravel this spring. a lot.

If there's a ton of gravel then I would do it in the huaraches... I will probably do it in my shoes but I really want to do it in the huaraches myself. I haven't had enough zero drop training lately for a 10k so I will probably just do it in my shoes. Would hate to hurt a calf or something worse because I got over excited and wore the huaraches.

ya, i heard that before. i do run it bf all the time. i'm just more worried about looking manly at the warrior dash than that little race.

When is the Warrior Dash by the way? If you run this course bf all the time why did you ask if you should wear huaraches? If you can do it bare then do it bare. Aren't you the guy that says it's like a massage for your feet...?

to make sure i don't hurt myself and to compare the time to last years. you know, apples to apples. they laid a lot of the gravel on the downhill parts. the places i loved to go fast. you barely saw me go fast at the shamrock. you caught a glimpse on ww with me that one time. i'm just thinking about the sandals so i won't be tempted to slow down.

the WD is 5 days after this one. this is monday and WD on saturday.

Well, if you do this one just take it easy the days in between that way you'll be fresh for the warrior dash. Mike, I saw you run slow for most of the Shamrock run and then take off down the hill for the last couple miles. I am interested to see how I will do on this since I will not have the stroller. On a flatish run lately with the stroller I averaged a 10m/m pace for 5.5 miles. I would like to think I might be able to squeeze out a bit faster than that without the stroller and going downhill as Dan said this route does, although this will be trail too which is a whole different beast than road so I don't know.

this is mostly downhill. i will pace myself better than i did last year thanks to my training. i just worry about this new gravel. i've only run it slowly, even walked it. speed adds more force to my feet and 5 days isn't enough to recover if i bruise myself. then again i kind of bruised my feet on sunday with huaraches on.

you will be slower on trails than road. the trail isn't closed off so you'll pass, get passed, by many peoples. it was a fun little race last year and a good warm up for the WD. hopefully you can at least go hand out at that one. it's just a party. families included.