First snowfall, and first snow run for the season.

Barefoot Gentile

Barefooters
Apr 5, 2010
Fairfield, CT
Let me start by saying I already failed at my quest to be an all year seasoned barefoot runner, which is my quest every year but mother nature snaps me back to reality. I'd rather run than not run, and would rather run outside in the winter (and it's not even winter yet!) than on a rat wheel. I wore my sprints today. We had a pretty good snow fall yesterday, and this morning it was slushy, wet, and cold (33 degrees) before my run. Definitely not ideal weather to even try to run it barefoot. So I slipped on the sprints (first time in 6 months that I ran in footwear) and hit the road. I don't wear socks with the sprints, and my feet and toes were fine considering my feet were submerged in slush puddles throughout the run. I ran 4.5 miles, then took off the sprints once I got close to my house and hit the street, snow, and slush bare for a bit, trust me it wasn't long.

I had a similar situation

I had a similar situation with about 3" inches of thawing, rotten snow 0n the ground and decided there was no way I was going to play barefoot in that so for the first time in 5 months, and 1500 miles, I ran in VFF. It was a beautiful afternoon in Central Park but it was very crowded as many areas were cordoned off because of fallen tree limbs and more than half the road was awash in melt water. I had a great run and smiled the whole way round - which I feel I would not have been doing had I tried it barefoot.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon