Dr. Scholl's Fast Flats for Her

Barefoot TJ

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 5, 2010
Have you girls seen these yet? Looks promising for everyday footwear.

they look comfy, though with

they look comfy, though with most shoes...I'm having trouble with them being wide enough. Have you tried them yet TJ?

No I haven't.  I couldn't put

No I haven't. I couldn't put anything on my feet with an enclosed toe box anyway anymore. :( or :) ?

I found these at target and

I found these at target and they are great....only $10

http://www.target.com/Mossimo-Supply-Co-Osaka-Flannel/dp/B003D8PCZY/ref=sc_pd_gwvub_2_title

They are made of flannel and the toe area is really roomy....there is no heel rise and pretty good ground feel.

I wear these at work (fast

I wear these at work (fast flats) but I would not wear them outside. Width is not an issue as they run big and the are oversized. They barely count as shoes.

Maybe if you removed the

Maybe if you removed the little bow...

I actually got some the other

I actually got some the other day! They are super-flexible, so as jschwab said, width doesn't seem to be an issue.

I haven't worn them yet and am not even sure if I'm going to keep them. They don't fit that well. I wear 7-7 1/2 and got the size 7-8s. They stick out a bit from the back of my heel--the elastic at the ankle pushes the foot forward into the shoe. I guess I could exchange for the next smaller size, but it might be too small.

Since the foot is pushed forward, my toes make the toe of the shoe misshapen (VERY thin vinyl-ish stuff), and that's kind of ugly. In fact, the toe of the shoe was sort of bent and weird when I got it, and I had to put wooden spoons in them shoes to reshape the toes! That seemed to work.

They are comfy and VERY minimalist, which is awesome. They just don't look that good when I'm wearing them. I'm holding off; I may decide the comfort and price point ($10 at Wal-Mart) is worth it, but I'm just not sure. I'm also thinking I may just try to make something similar to them....

I took a look at the Fast

I took a look at the Fast Flats yesterday. They are a bit too close to bedroom slippers for me. The Footzyrolls have a slightly more polished look -- not that the Footzyrolls are all that fashionable, but better than the Fast Flats. Just my $0.02.

Peace,

Karen

Thanks for the comparison,

Thanks for the comparison, peacekaren. I was excited to see these b/c you'd posted info on Footzyrolls and I wanted some. I figured for 1/3 the price maybe I could get these instead. I guess you get what you pay for. But it's good to know Footzyrolls do look better; I may still end up getting some.

I got the 9's and feel they

I got the 9's and feel they are too big, but they fit better than what C.Beth describes. For me, I use them therapeutically - if something is nagging me where being barefoot and not in any kind of shoe at all, I wear these at work.

jschwab--that's what I see

jschwab--that's what I see the benefit being. They are SO minimal that they really are practically barefoot. I might decide I'm okay with the imperfect fit because of that. I guess I should just decide; we're only talking about $10 here. :)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts