Dr. Scholl's Custom Fit kiosk

PatrickGSR94

Barefooters
Dec 9, 2011
So I was at WalMart last night and decided to try that Dr. Scholl's Custom Fit kiosk thingy, just to see what it would say for me, being a barefooter with what I would say are much stronger feet than I had a year ago. Most big box stores usually have these things near the pharmacy:

http://footmapping.com/footmapping/...anded&utm_content=srhFD9ZEn|pcrid|10129390665

So I stood on the thing, and the pressure sensors CLEARLY showed pretty much no pressure between the heel and forefoot on one side, and the pressure areas weren't even connected on the other side. I went through the whole process, and what was the result?

"You have low arches" Seriously?

OMG what a crock. It's obviously there just to sell those stupid@$$ orthotics and probably says you need them no matter what your feet are like.

I really should post a picture of what the sensors showed, because that result is just laughable.

It wasn't so much that it recommended a product. I figured it would do that. It's the face that it plainly stated that I "have low arches" when the pressure display clearly showed otherwise.

I should go do it again and make a video, maybe even send it to the company asking what's up with that. :p

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Dr. Scholl needs to make money since I no longer need the gel heel pads and the foot fungus spray that I used to buy.
Speaking of foot fungus sprays, that is a huge fear of mine now that I am temporarily a shoddie again... I used to have a bad toenail fungus that is completely cleared up now and am afraid it will come back...

Aw man I've had a toenail fungus for like 15 years and it hasn't shown any sign of getting better since I started staying barefoot most of the time over a year ago. :(

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon