Dogs

halfhazzard

Barefooters
Jan 30, 2012
I ran with my 5 month old Belgian Malinois puppy today. Ran for about 12 minutes, mostly on the road, with varying degrees of roughness.

I couldn't tell you at all what my cadence/stride looked like! I was busy making sure my pup wasn't running off and about to get strangled. I do know I was landing on the balls of my feet, and not pushing off. Interesting running in "automatic" barefoot mode. It's probably the best way to run anyhow.

With the dog, my barefoot excuse is something like, it lets me know how much is too much for her.

I run with my dog occasionally, I bought a bungee lead and a harness it's far kinder for the dog and for you. No chance of harming the dogs neck and if the dog stops suddenly to sniff the bungee lead stops your shoulder from getting damaged. There are also belts available so you can run hands free.

i run with my 12 lbs of terror almost every time. i left him home yesterday because he doesn't do well in the heat. feels weird when i'm alone. i leave him off leash whenever i can. the constant stopping makes it hard for me to run and he can't keep the constant pace.