Me: "Yes."
D: "What is it?"
M: "Omelete"
D: "Have I had that before?"
M: "Yes."
D: "Did I like it?"
M: "Yes."
D: "This tastes like boogers."

Now, knowing my daughter and her predilection for certain habits best left unmentioned at the dinner table, I am not quite sure if this is a negative, or a positive.

M: "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"
D: "Either way."
M: "So, is it good that it tastes like boogers or is it bad?"
D: "Well, I've eaten them, but I'm trying to stop."

Gee that sounds so familiar

Precious. I think. ;)

At least your 5-year old "attempts" to eat a omelet. My youngest son (5) has 5 things he eats - Quaker Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars, Graham Crackers and Peanut Butter (every single freaking day for school since he was 3!), cashews, anything with the word "chips" in it, and pretty much anything with chocolate. This kid has never touched a green bean, lettuce leaf, head of broccoli, anything fungi or really any color vegetable. His older 8-year old brother ain't any better. Now, my oldest son at 13 will eat squid (the little baby ones) salad from the Chinese food buffet - bless his heart. :)

Reactions: clawhammer72
My daughter wouldn't touch greens until we grew broccoli. It actually tasted good. And from then on, she has been more open to trying things. Despite that, her body is about 90 percent peanut butter and jelly....oh, and chicken nuggets....and ketchup.

My son (he's two) is nearly a vegetarian. Strangest kid I ever saw with what he eats, he will only eat chicken nuggets for meat and then loves nearly all vegetables raw, but if you steam them he won't eat them. He loves avacados too. He also hates pasta which is weird. He does love chocolate, I think because my inlaws have a stash in the barn that they always let him eat from... He also eats ice cream cones from the bottom, cone first. :D

If you run with a running nose, I guess you get a constant trickle of GU gel with omelete (Why is the spell checking not liking this spelling?) flavor.

Speaking of kids and diets, my daughter is slowly switching from her super natural Mozambican diet to an American crap diet. She used to wake up and ask for fruit, now she wants cereal. Meanwhile, my American-born son eats raw broccoli like Nick's does. Go figure. At least everyone enjoyed the squid last night.

Newest conversation:

My daughter was asking my wife, what don't you know about me?
My wife: I don't know what job you'll have in the future.
Daughter: I'm not going to have a job. I don't like jobs. I'm just going to live here, forever.

Smart cookie, I must say this convarsation is much better than the first one :eek: , scary but better.

Newest conversation:

My daughter was asking my wife, what don't you know about me?
My wife: I don't know what job you'll have in the future.
Daughter: I'm not going to have a job. I don't like jobs. I'm just going to live here, forever.

Methinks your daughter learned the true definition of JOB - Just Over Broke.:D

Last night, my weird toddler had to be bribed with more vegetables to get him to eat his pizza...:confused:

I seriously wish I had the problem, I have a 12 year old who only will eat vegetables when we mash them into his mashed potatos (you would be surprised how many different colours of potatos there are ;)). Our favorite one is califlower mashed in with the potatos, no questions asked.

Reactions: NickW
Our son's food top-3 consists of Asparagus, Brussels' sprouts and Belgian endives...(He has a bit of a bitter taste, hasn't he?) When we eat fries more often than once in a fortnight, he's complaining that 'it's always French fries over here!' (However, twice a day pasta isn't a problem at all.)

Reactions: NickW

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7