core training?

I do a bit of weight stuff occasionally. But mainly yoga, not just for core but for overall integrity. I mostly do yoga because i enjoy it, but i do find it's very beneficial towards recovery and maintaining the suppleness and avoiding injuries.

Everything from basic planks and bridges to whole-body work like Turkish get ups, one-arm pushups, one-legged deadlifts, swings, carries, etc. I do some core work every day as part of my warm up, but include the more intense stuff as part of my weight routine on a different day. Jay Dicharry has some nice running-specific exercises in his book and Verstegen has some basic exercises in "Core Performance".

I used to do some lifting and core workout, but I haven't done any lifting or core training since mid 2013. I might have lost a little bit of muscle bulk, but I feel in better running shape just running (and cycling - I do that a little too). Maybe if I didn't work full time I could do it all again but I just run out of time and basically just pick the couple most important things to me (running and cycling) and go with that.

Last edited:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon