Continuing BOF pain- but I got my x-rays! Check 'em out!

Mamyohmamy

Barefooters
Aug 10, 2011
Here are the x-rays of my left foot, for your viewing pleasure. I have been wearing my orthotics off and on for a month- they help with the bof pain while I'm wearing them, but anything I do barefoot is still painful (such as my tribal fusion dancing).
kuktaamyleftaplateralfoot.jpg

On the side view, I was standing with full weight on my foot. The circle is my sesamoid bones, and the arrow is the bony prominence caused by the raised first met. I have to say, that topview on the left is a damn fine example of Morton's toe! lol

That looks a lot like my X-rays! I could see my 2nd met head in the side view, below my 1st. I've gone back to my orthotics and non-minimal shoes lately and have seen rapid improvement in how it feels. I don't do tribal fusion dancing, but barefoot walks to the mailbox or bus stop with my daughter cause pain in my 2nd met. All bf run attempts have ended in near tears and lots of angry swearing.

Good luck on your recovery!

I was just going to say, Mamy, you should add this thread to the Fellowship of the Morton's Toe thread. Ha!

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts