Comming full circle!

The TM sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe next year. I also just started this week cross training with cycling. The plan is to cycle 2-3 times a week. Then for the last couple three weeks I've also been lifting weights again. I can physically see a difference, but I've only lost a 1 pound in the last two weeks... :(

way to go jonny. just don't let oprah beat you with her marathon time. unless she was smaller than you when she did it? still would be embarrassing.

Awesome Johnny! Definitely a success story so far. Good luck for your full. I hope to be up to a half this August. Reading your post though brings up a whole side to racing I have never experienced... the food/water stuff. I've never eaten anything during a run yet, and only drink water when I am at the park that has fountains mid run. But I've never done those kinds of distances yet... I'm up to 6 miles now, and even shod I never went much more than that. I have no idea about any of that hammer whatever and electrolytes, etc! But I am sure as my distance increases, and with all the good folks here on the forums, it shouldnt be hard to learn.

Oprah killed it! That's 2 back to back halfs faster than I can do one, so far! (my best is a 2:19) If I do a sub 5hr, I'll be happy with that! My only goals are to finish a Marathon before I turn 40 and to feel good doing it! Besides...I'm going for style points...not speed! Haha! How many people have run a Marathon the year after taking up running...did it barefoot...in a kilt...?? I wanna be on that list!

There are some fast famous poeple!!! http://completerunning.com/archives/2007/06/18/famous-celebrity-marathon-runners/

-Jonny

Reactions: Bare Lee
If all goes well I will run a marathon in just under a year of BF running (and it will be my first marathon as well)....no kilt though....the only thing that would happen to me if I tried is I would be "kilt" by my wife!! lol :barefoot:

Reactions: Bare Lee
Oprah killed it! That's 2 back to back halfs faster than I can do one, so far! (my best is a 2:19) If I do a sub 5hr, I'll be happy with that! My only goals are to finish a Marathon before I turn 40 and to feel good doing it! Besides...I'm going for style points...not speed! Haha! How many people have run a Marathon the year after taking up running...did it barefoot...in a kilt...?? I wanna be on that list!

There are some fast famous poeple!!! http://completerunning.com/archives/2007/06/18/famous-celebrity-marathon-runners/

-Jonny
I almost feel like quitting running after seeing Oprah's time. Just under an 11 minute pace the whole way. Are you freaking kidding me??? I ran an 11:46 pace today for 4.63 miles... and that was fast for me... Demotivating, disheartening, and deflating. Oh well, I bet I make that speed look a whole lot better than she did. :D

Oh and Jonny I love the blue kilt you got. Contemplating getting one myself. My wife is threatening to ridicule me and bring all her friends and family to any race I do so they can all laugh at me....

Oh and Jonny I love the blue kilt you got. Contemplating getting one myself. My wife is threatening to ridicule me and bring all her friends and family to any race I do so they can all laugh at me....
at least you would have a cheering section during the race!! :)

Then they would see everyone cheering for the kilt guy and realize how awesome it is....

Reactions: NickW
at least you would have a jeering section during the race!! :)

FIFY :D

More power to you on the kilt, if you go that route, Nick...I'm not saying I'd never go there...just that it would take a lot - like losing a bet or something - before I got one.

i will still have to make some fun of you if you don't beat oprah's time. i mean come on, it's Oprah. you have to give me that one.

Nick, why wait for races? i love laughing at you now. don't they know it's fun?

they would need a table cloth, not a kilt.

i know i can't beat her time and that's why i'm not in any hurry to run one. at least i'm still running though and not just doing one race to say that i've done it.