changing av - something buggy's going on here

BFwillie_g

Barefooters
May 17, 2010
Kulmbach, Germany
I tried to post this in the Site Help forum but got a big red 'validation error' when I clicked SAVE:

Hey there,

So, as mentioned in the Gear Forum, I updated my av but it didn't work right. Here's what happens:

In my profile, I choose edit > click 'select image' > select the pic from my HD > click SAVE > get an error message that the specified passwords do not match

2nd attempt > same as above except I try to enter my current password > get the error message that it 'does not include enough variation to be secure'

Well, I like my password as it is (try and guess it, lol).

3rd attempt > reset my password with a 'secure' version > click SAVE and get the green light, all systems go

But > av is updated in my profile but still not updated in the forums.

Stumped now.

QUICK UPDATE: ok... now when I posted this entry and the page refreshed, suddenly my av refreshed as well! lol... I'm going to leave this post here though, so you can see the part about the 'validation error' in the Site Help page.

I was going to tell you to

I was going to tell you to refresh your screen, so the new avatar shows up, but you stumbled upon the fix yourself. As per the other thread, Matt commented there that he fixed your avatar.

I forwarded this new thread to Matt, so he can see that you are getting a new Validation Error on the Site Help forum.

I did not get any errors,

I did not get any errors, Willie. Sorry. Please try again to see if it happens again or if it was a one-off.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon