Changes with ankle and foot with shoes vs. running natural without shoes?

xsive

Barefooters
Oct 23, 2013
Hi to All-
I am a four year veteran of the barefoot running sensation that has dramatically improved my running.

Sometimes, I'm forced to run in shoes - such as when I'm visiting relatives and running in cities where I don't really know the local roads.

I notice that when I run in shoes, especially any shoe with stability, that I develop knee pain that usually resolves in a few days as long as I return to running barefoot.

My question is a technical one: What effect does stability shoes' structure have on the eversion moment as it relates to the knee and, in particular, the knee's patellar tendon?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome, xsive! Good question. I'll bet our Ask the Docs would have some responses as well, if you care to post there too. I have moved this to the Health forum with a redirect that will expire in 5 days.

Welcome, xsive! Good question. I'll bet our Ask the Docs would have some responses as well, if you care to post there too. I have moved this to the Health forum with a redirect that will expire in 5 days.
Thank you, it's nice to be with like-minded folks. I eagerly anticipate the learned responses from your physician members.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
quick answer. your form is off. long answer. it's going to take work to correct and find the problem. what could it be? too hard to say.

i've been running 3yrs bf and still have problems. not enough for me to stop but i definitely notice them and am trying to figure them out. i know i have some muscle weakness but which is the weak one and which ones are weak because of that first one isn't easy to figure out.

good luck to you. man this boat is getting full.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7